Maya and Aiden had their well visits this week. It is easy to bump two children into one appointment with back to back Birthday months. If I was allowed, I would drag three children in together...May, June and July!!!
Miss Maya has grow significantly, and for the first time I am wondering if both of my girls will be out growing me. She was in the 75th percentile for both weight and height.
I am totally honest on the forms. If they watch 3 hours of TV a day,I will say it. If they hate veggies, I will say it.
I never thought the docs actually read those things,
but she does!
At the end of the appointment, she asked if we had any more questions or concerns about Maya. I told her that no, I do not. I let her know that as I circled all of the characteristics that describe Maya, I also wrote in (and she said this simultaneously with me) "PERFECT!" She laughed and said that she thought it was adorable, but it is so very true. Maya is such a gift to our entire family!
Daddy was off and able to join the crew for the appointments, which I am always grateful for. Life simply feels so much more complete with him close on our daily outings. I dunno, maybe I'm becoming a wimp sometimes...or the positive perspective is that maybe I am becoming more cohesive in these bonds which we all share. Yes, I take these kids places alone all the time, but who wouldn't LOVE when Daddy is home giving a helping hand, making the music a little louder, and even saying, "Today, it's our music!"
Aiden has grown so much since his last appointment as well. He is averaging the 50th percentile for both weight and height. In his notes, the Doctor noted that I described him as "FUN and a bit temperamental". Oh my, these boys are growing up and I am seeing the testosterone peek it's face into the Fultz home! I know little about testosterone except through my husband, but in a house of all girls minus our Dad as I grew up, oh help me Lord!
Perfect vision...and perfect hearing! You go my Aiden "Obii". or "Hi-Def"!
Maya's experiences with doctors in an uncomfortable fear provoking scene was her life since she was 7 months old. I can't imagine having to be cathed as many times as she was in the process of her tiny life. Her tears fell...but once the doctor came in, she was so calm and welcoming to the best doctor we have had. She meets our standard, and that "standard" wold be Dr. Brogan and Miss Gail's office in Collegeville PA.
She still like me to call her my baby!
My dearest children...3 and 8 are too close to 20 and 30 something, I just pray daily that I am doing the best I can to show you my true motherly love and devotion to.
We may never have a fancy large home, hip clothes, and sports and extracurricular lessons that I can take you to in allowing your growth to flourish...BUT,
I will always tell you what I adore about you,
I will always tell you that you are fabulous at loving and moving forward in hard times, like cut knees (Maya) and offenses from strangers harsh (but not meant to be harsh) words (Aiden!!!).
I will always do my best to teach you the things I have learned in my life.
I know how to read music and play a flute...we can learn together how to play the uke as it is still so new to me, and Daddy can teach you how to free style some guitar playing! We can be so much together my beautiful children!
Today we went to the park and between you, my children, and me...
we developed an obstacle course that we could complete in circuits. I will post about that later...but make sure, my dear children, that when you want to run...I WILL be there beside you training you and helping you to be the best you can be. If you want to swim, Daddy can teach all of us those awesome foreign techniques. If you want to become a Ninja Warrior, we will strive to humbly build obstacle courses and have a BLAST doing these things together!
I LOVE YOU ALL...
and that is all!
No comments:
Post a Comment