I have the most precious little daughter! I happened to walk by the Primary room while they were doing opening exercises. After the opening song, she was called up to say the opening prayer (which I was totally unaware of).
She said, "Heavenly Father, I'm grateful for this day. I'm grateful we can have a good day. I'm grateful my Daddy made brownies. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!"
Totally honest.
Totally pure.
Totally Miss Lydia!
I ended this week in a lot of weariness and heaviness of heart. I think it is an attribute which many will be feeling in these times we face. There is uncertainty all around us. Even, day by day, there is uncertainty as to whether we will all be able to sustain ourselves according to proper health. I think that hit really hard with me this week. My husband is working as hard as he can, but in the nursing world there is uncertainty as well. You are never guaranteed shifts...it is all according to patient census. If you do go out and get a second job, there is no possibility of both employees allowing two schedules to work together...for in the nursing world, you are NEVER guaranteed a set schedule. Your days, week by week, are always different. In a world full of uncertainty, and an ever increasing pace in which that uncertainty rages (cost of living, health care, health problems, etc.)...I am made ever so much more aware of the only certain aspect in life...Our Savior and Our Father in Heaven.
They are our only constants in a world which fails us, bodies which fail us, and even our own hearts which may fail us.
I am indeed grateful for the ability we have with our degrees. Being a nurse is an amazing thing...it does draw you near to Christ in His ministry as you clothe the naked, feed the hungry, and heal the sick...
I was blessed that as a woman, far before I ever became a nurse, that I would be a woman with the courage to go into the world to clothe the naked, feed the hungry and heal the sick...
It is a calling I have from The Lord.
Yet, as most nurses, I wish there was a little more stability to relieve the burden of constant worry over whether you will make ends meet or not.
So, on Saturday...I admit...I stayed on the couch cuddling my babes for a large part of the morning. Once that was done, I got up frequently to change loads of laundry.
To the dryer.
To the washer.
To the baskets...and folded.
Repeated four times.
My joints ached, my allergies were awful, I was past exhaustion, the shortness of breath kicked in from, in my opinion (according to the very meticulous documenting I have been doing with my food, temps, and body systems) the gluten I have been eating. Yes, hypothyroidism is highly being linked to gluten allergies...and guess what else I have discovered as I STUDY STUDY and STUDY some more with all this "spare time" I have in raising four wild babes!
The wonderful foods I love such as
strawberries,
broccoli,
brussel sprouts,
gluten (in yummy breads, cakes, and tortillas),
all sources of soy and even
peanuts (yep PB)
can be bad for your thyroid.
I can't see myself getting rid of these wonderful foods I LOVE...so I will probably try to eat them in moderation. How do you eat a batch of strawberries in moderation???? EEEEKKKKK!
So...after suffering all those symptoms, I cried a bit and retired to my room, alone. After laying there for a few minutes, my dear husband came in and said that he would take the kiddos out while I napped. So, I did...I napped from 4-8pm. It was lovely!
I woke, assisted in bedtime, cleaning, and listened to Daddy's Family Home Evening; then, I retired back to bed...not knowing what I should be eating with all these restrictions I see myself coming up against. So, I didn't eat.
I didn't doze until 1 am, because I kept myself busy with research, but I was able to doze if I chose to.
After the long hard weekend, I got up this morning and quickly got my kiddos and I ready for church. My hubby is having similar health issues as I have been...and his body needed more rest before his shift tonight...so he slept in preparation for work.
I received so much spiritual energy from going to church. The children were amazing for me...minus Miss Lydia's attempt to scream at the top of her lungs during sacrament. I was able to sit with all of them the entire hour and 15 minutes for sacrament. Sunday school was amazing. I was reminded, through the spirit, once again, that I have a special place in the Lord's Kingdom. I felt that we all are regarded so deeply by Him...for He is our Father and wants us back in His loving arms again. It takes work from us, but the grain of a mustard seed is all the faith that I can gather on some days...still...I have that grain, and He knows I strive for His glory!
My boys are better behaved when they wear these stunning suits to church. If you parents ever need a nice suit for your boys...go to Burlington Coat Factory...You can get the most handsome and amazing name brand suits at a quarter of the cost from department stores.
I ended the night with my uke...when I finally got the children to bed. My girls are a handful at bedtime when Daddy is gone...they test me! They eventually retired, and I eventually sang, seeking the spirit to end the sabbath...
Here is the humble fruit of my work!
No comments:
Post a Comment