I thought I would post pictures of a repair I did on Crystal's laptop. Of course, I am the one who broke it as I break most things around here these days. I knocked the computer off the bed and it just had to land right on the cord where it plugs into the computer. So weeks later, I finally got the nerve to try and fix it since we had already replaced the cord once before from the same thing happening. I probably broke that too. Like I said, I am good at breaking things. The part is like 60 dollars and we can't afford to buy groceries, let alone a computer cord. So I cut it apart and used some pieces of wire and solder and there you have it. It is an ugly sight but it works. Some might say the same thing about me these days. For a brief moment, I felt good. I felt like I had accomplished something. It took two attempts mind you after plugging it in the first time and realizing that one of the solder joints had broken. I was reminded of President Hinckley saying Fix it up, wear it out, make it do or do without! So for now, we have a laptop again. I guess if it breaks again, I will just fix it again. But, it seems things can only be mended so many times in life. Sometimes they get worn out and can't be repaired. I am just grateful that for a small moment, I felt as though I had accomplished something great, as small as the task really was.
2 comments:
Steve, it sounds like we having something in common. I tend to break everything too. Yesterday, I drove over a sprinkler riser with the wheelbarrow... and broke it. I can barely see where I'm going anyways, and then I put a wheelbarrow full of dirt in front of me. I should've known better. Anyhoo, it sounds like you've taken the right perspective on things. I have that quote hanging on my fridge. Those are words to live by... although it's not always easy. I would have no idea how to patch up a power cord; To me you accomplished a heroic task when you got it to work :)... Love you guys!
Post a Comment