"Do-do-do-do-do-doo Do-do-do-do-do-doo"
You get what I'm saying???
It felt like the wizard of Oz came crashing down on us in a split second today!
I spent 3 hours cleaning our cheap bubble pool so we could actually have some fun now that summer is half way over. Buying supplies to clean it...pricey.
So....I got out the vacuum, plunged myself into a pool full of sand at the bottom, and went to town.
I realized it was going to take a LOOOOONG time to finish, so I beckoned the babes in while I vacuumed! I proceeded the cleaning tasks for 3 hours!!!
In to vacuum.
Out to clean filters.
Out again to trouble shoot with my oldest son who is far more mechanical than me already.
He actually said that he watched Daddy do the process the other day and knew what I needed to do.
He was absolutely right...I just adore my son!!!
After cleaning out 90% of the sand, I saw storm clouds looming and I immediately demanded everyone OUT!!! The neighborhood probably heard my shouts, but a mother bear will scream when her babes are in harms way!
We watched the sand storm come directly to our home and rest a new load of sand in our pool! I almost cried...but tomorrow might be another 3 hour cleaning period! I think I'll need more sunblock!
I thought these pictures were so fitting for our Wizard of Oz theme!
We drove the kids bikes to the middle school rubber track...minus Connor's, he decided to ride the mile and a half there! He's such a good boy! On the way home, every child wanted to put the bikes in the car because they each rode about 2 miles around the track while I ran...
AND they did some training exercises I always did in track every day;
high knees, butt kicks, lunges, etc!
(They thought those were super easy...I, not so much!!!)
With Lydia begging to ride her bike home (a four year old for a mile and a half!!!!),
I suckered the boys into riding with her so that she was safe.
Of course, I rode with them at a slothful pace in the vehicle the entire time!
My baby girl fell once...and then stoped once with tired legs...
Guess what my sweet boys did?
They asked her if she would like a...
"Fix-it Felix HUG!!!"
I kid you not, in all the rough play time that happens with their Wreck it Ralph acting,
the Fix-it Felix Hug totally makes up for it in my eyes!
At the track, we spotted tiny little ducklings...they were literally about 3 inches tall...2 of them! I was actually walking the track with my baby girls once my 2 miles were done (happened to be 2.1...I decided to run each lap...going to the next lane until I finished in lane 8!). We rounded the track at the most perfect time to see baby ducklings waddling away!!!
Aiden happened to be my coach today...he road every single lap with me...telling me I was doing so good!!! He finished his eighth lap and then sat in the bleachers cheering me on while I was running my last lap. I was half way around when I heard his tiny voice from the bleachers screaming, "Go MOMMY!!!" I wanted to sprint in my last 200 meters, and a year ago I could have...but my body has taken it's own downward course this year.
I have ran 2 miles religiously 3-4 times a week for a month, and I still can't run more than 2 miles....
this thyroid thing is not something that I work well with :-(
Maya has picked up bike riding so fast this spring and summer. I am not a fan of pushing bikes and listening to whining children complain that they can't...so I'm pretty quick to say, "You CAN do it!!!" And guess what, they do!!! Today she was riding the track...and after I had run three laps, she made it around her last curve, then she said, "I'm a winner Mommy!!!"
Maya, my dear..YOU ARE A WINNER!!!
You chose this life...you chose to follow your Father in Heaven...you choose daily to smile and hug, you choose moment by moment to be a fresh and beautiful growing girl! I love you sweetheart!
Tonight, as Miss Lydia was going to bed, her fatigue got the best of her, and she started acting out. I put my foot down to let her know we were serious...as she needs that discipline deeply! I walked out of her room and let her cry out her angers and frustrations instead of reading books with her. Soon enough, her whimpers faded and her dainty body stood at the cracked door, which I strategically stood on the opposite side of for her sake. I opened the door and commended her ability to calm herself and asked her to hop into bed so we could at least sing and say prayers. As she was running to bed, she hit her little hip pretty hard against the bed and screamed in agony. My heart sank as I scooped my 39 pound 4 year old baby girl up into my arms. I sat on the rocking chair with her, her head snug on my chest, and her limp body ready to give up the days battle. I sang her special song created when she was born by Daddy and me, I Love to See the Temple, Families Can Be Together Forever, and When I am Baptized...all the verses, one right into the next in a little medley of peace. She yawned and asked where I learned all the songs. Little does she know that she and her siblings heard all of them over and over, every bedtime routine as they were little babes. She wondered if my Primary teacher taught me them...to which I introduced a life long story which will unravel so beautifully for her about my conversion as she grows into a beautiful woman, chosen to be born into the covenant.
I love motherhood.
Today was a good day.
I pray I can endure the obstacles of tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment