Here on the east coast, school goes all the way through to Friday, the day before Christmas Eve. Things move faster out here, it is true. Yes, children go to school everywhere, but their breaks in this region are very short, and their school year is longer. I thought I was going crazy when we first moved here because it just didn't seem there could be much of a difference from west to east, but there is.
Gratefully, the schools are striving to make this week fun. Responsibility is inevitable, but play is a choice.
Maya chooses to play!
This hairdo took 40 minutes this morning, and there was a lot of running up and downstairs to gather more of the supplies to make it work. I even huffed and puffed about being the person who had to do the running. Yes, I can get rather grumpy when a task isn't quite complete, but once it is finished, I am the happiest and most exciting personality in the room.
We tried miniature paper cups, but her hair was too long. We held it high with a plastic water bottle in the center of her locks with a butt load of hairspray!
Maya also chooses to love, a responsibility that comes with an emotional cost and blessing.
As Cindy-Lou Who once said, "Don't forget the Grinch. I know he's mean and hairy and smelly. His hands might be cold and clammy, but I think he's actually kinda...sweet."
To Empaths alike, all over the world, we all chose to love. This is the best time of year for that. Cindy-Lou Who, we love you!
Maya, I love you!
With love,
Miss Crys 💙 Crystal 💜 Mommy 💗


No comments:
Post a Comment