Wednesday, October 10, 2012

32, Childhood Blues, and Hair Loss!

Since we celebrated my Birthday in Utah, all I did on my actual Birthday was dress up, put a crown on my head for a total of 15 minutes, smile with my true little princess, Lydia, and say "Go Crystal, though crazy and tired, you made it to 32!"  Then...I called my sister and we giddily said, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" like tiny girls...no presents, just a shared Birthday; it means more than you can imagine to have Sara in my life, as my twin!


Two days AFTER my Birthday, Aiden made a decision to run away from school towards days end.  He was upset, ran home (a good half mile) and since I was sleeping, in preparation for my work night, I didn't hear the door.  He ran back towards the school and was planning on running to the next "safe haven", his Auntie Sunny's house.  Well, he was caught...but he had a determined will.  He decided to continue his course with the principle right beside him the entire way...she walked 2/3 of a mile to Sunny's house, and 2/3 of a mile back to the school.  When she got back to the school, I had already run over to the school wondering where my child was....

Aunt Sunny had a long talk with him before I arrived at her house, and she was just the person he needed at that moment.  Sunny is a mother and nurturer of children by nature, and she tenderly suggested what his course of action should be.  He wrote a letter to his teacher...
I then noticed that he had a huge patch of hair missing.  So...on to the pediatric urgent care we went.  I was told it would be a 3 hour wait!!!  So...Aiden and I got busy looking at maps, listening to music together and writing on the chalkboards. 
We ended up in the Space Room, so I made it the BEST space roomm ever and gave him rocket rides while we waited for the doctor to come in and confirm our suspicions.  Actually, when Connor first saw it, he said, "I think he has cancer!"  Poor kid doesn't realize taht hair loss is related to the medications we give cancer patients, not the cancer itself! 

And then we received the torcherous news....13 mls of medicine twice a day with a fatty meal for 6 weeks!  He has done great at fulfilling his end of the bargain, as long as I remember my end and give it to him!!!

No comments: