Low and behold, to be a mother to four children on open house night, with a husband who works late into the evening, can be quite a task. I remember open house, I remember being so excited to show my mother all of the new and amazing things about my teacher, my classroom, and I remember praying so hard that my teacher would have something beautiful to say about me--a freckled face, blonde haired, green eyed, dirty little girl.
Teachers were so good back then...
Teachers are still so good now!
Aiden acted just as I would if my classroom wasn't visited first...he pouted and cried. But wait, he also screamed...I don't think I woulda done something of that nature!
I actually, in embarrassment, had to pry him out of the hallway that held 4 little classrooms and to the play ground because his screaming was so loud and disturbing. I received many looks of sympathy. He came back in on his own free will, joined us in Connor's classroom, and literally stood with his nose in the corner while I spoke with Connor's teacher. It made me look like I know how to discipline with my eyes...that is NOT so!
I absolutely love Connor's 4th grade teacher...she is fun, hip, organized, and she truly cares about Connor. I recently received a phone call from her telling me of how wonderful and sweet Connor is as a student. I admire her love for each individual child!
Aiden's smile came back when he got hugs from his teacher! She too, is meant for Aiden this year. She has worked with him through his rough transition into a new school year, and even took the time one afternoon to send me an e-mail to let me know he was having such a good day!
By the time the open house rounds were complete, I realized I had allowed Maya out of the house with two different shoes. I hung my head in shame at first, and then I quickly patted myself on the back for tolerating 4 children at days end...walking to the school...and back (which took 30 minutes for 1/2 mile walk due to the tantrums and fits) with grace and kindness.
Just so you know, that takes Mommy Power...and when you dig deep inside, you realize it's there every second of every hour, of every day!






1 comment:
You are amazing!
Post a Comment