Thursday, October 18, 2012

Goodbye Grandpa Bobby

My Grandpa Bobby passed away at the end of September.  It was sudden...a heart attack as he was walking to feed the cattle--working, as his life was spent doing.  He was an admirable man.  I didn't know him well, but what I did know was good.  I explained to my sweet boys...on the day following his death, that their Great Grandpa Bobby passed away.  They never met him, but they had an innate attachment to them.
My beautiful Angel Aiden had a grimace on his face as I started to tell this tragic story; it is a coping mechanism I have recognized in him since he was a little tiny babe.  He smiles through pain...sometimes even laughs.  Yet, as the story continued, and the Plan of Salvation was discussed, his smile turned to a full face of sorrow with endless salty tears that draped his beautiful reddened skin.  I laid in bed with him, cried with him, and told him that Great Grandpa Bobby is now with Shane...they are now with Jesus, and WE WILL see them again.
It was already ten o' clock, on a school night, but I took the opportunity to make cards, watch then draw their feelings out, and talk about great ans marvelous truths.  Aiden asked me to cut a home out with a string of people linked together...and then he requested a rainbow over it.  Such heavenly symbols; families are bound for eternity and we are bound through covenants (the rainbow symbol).
Connor desires to have a string of hearts adorning his paper with stamps of celestial symbols...the sun, moon and stars.  He also has to place a stamp of a band aide on the picture.
This was me on the way to the funeral...
And Sunny with our load of l'il ones!
Grandma Amelia was there with ALL of her family to support her in her loss of Grandpa Bobby.
That's my father with his Mother...she is actually his second mother, his first passed away when he was only 12 years old.
We had opened with a prayer amongst the LARGE immediate family before we made the procession to the chapel where all of Bobby's friends were waiting.  While most people bowed their heads, my little Maya did what is natural to her as prayer time, and she folded her sweet little arms.















It is a very humbling thing to have a family member join the next dimension of reality...life with God.

No comments: