So just a few moments ago, Aiden said his prayer before he went to bed. "Heavenly Father, thank you for daddy. I love daddy. Please help him to be healthy...." He then went on to thank God for his mommy, and Connor, and Shane, and Lydia, and a few of his stuffed animals. It melted my heart and nearly brought me to tears. I am so grateful to have these special little children in my life and in our home. As hard as it gets at times, it just makes me want to have more children. I have so much to learn from them and hopefully they can continue to grow my heart as they do each time they are born. As I am sitting here typing, Aiden has come out of his room to get some toys. I am wondering what he is going to do with toys when he is supposed to be sleeping. Luckily, mom took care of it. It will be one of many attempts to keep him in bed tonight. At any rate, the moments like the one I had tonight are the moments that make it all worth it.
Friday, May 29, 2009
The Moments That Make It All Worth It (A Child's Prayer)!!!
So just a few moments ago, Aiden said his prayer before he went to bed. "Heavenly Father, thank you for daddy. I love daddy. Please help him to be healthy...." He then went on to thank God for his mommy, and Connor, and Shane, and Lydia, and a few of his stuffed animals. It melted my heart and nearly brought me to tears. I am so grateful to have these special little children in my life and in our home. As hard as it gets at times, it just makes me want to have more children. I have so much to learn from them and hopefully they can continue to grow my heart as they do each time they are born. As I am sitting here typing, Aiden has come out of his room to get some toys. I am wondering what he is going to do with toys when he is supposed to be sleeping. Luckily, mom took care of it. It will be one of many attempts to keep him in bed tonight. At any rate, the moments like the one I had tonight are the moments that make it all worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The recognition of those moments is what makes you capable of feeling pure joy. That's what I'm learning. I'm sure there are so many more that we just don't see. I love the picture of Aiden and Lydia together.
I love that photo too. Seeing those boys love on their sister is precious.
You have such a sweet little family. There really is nothing more fulfilling than having children! You are lucky to have such sweet one!
Congrats on graduating. I am so amazed with how you juggle it all!
Post a Comment