Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


Happy mothers day to all, but especially to my dear wife and my mother! I cannot help but think of my Heavenly Mother as well. Something tells me she is there just as mothers are here on Earth, behind the scenes doing all the work. Mothers give and give and give, from what I have seen, and never complain or ask for much in return. They give their all out of love. They often put their own personal desires on the back shelf in order to please others, especially their family. I have seen that in my life, and am so very grateful for it. Thank you Crystal! Thank you mom! I love you both! Crystal, I could not have asked for a better eternal companion and mother to our children. You are so beautiful, loving, and talented. I am so excited we are finishing school together. It is kind of a nice mothers day present to find out you got in. We have been through so much together and it is a gift to close one door and open another together. Thank you for all of our beautiful children and for the way that you love them and nurture them. Thank you for teaching me how to sew and to do other crafty things. Thank you for pushing me to be my very best. I love you so much! I hope you will feel extra special today, but that you can feel special every day. Mom, thank you for all that gave me in terms of love throughout my life. You continue to love. You continue to give. Thank you for being such a support to our family through our loss and through this crazy path of school we have been in. I cannot express gratitude for everything, but I am grateful. Thank you most of all for life itself. Sometimes you may regret that decision, when I deserve a kick in the pants, but I am grateful for your choice to have three children. To all of the other mothers, and future mothers, you have been called to a great work and the world would be lost without you. I truly believe as Sheri Dew has said, that nobody can take your place.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Never any regrets! I love you. - and I look forward to seeing more of the kids as you both finish school. Wish me luck with the littlest one. We may get to sit and hold her all day - oh, darn!

Em said...

See, that's what mothers' day is all about. Spot on.