Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our First Snow!

Today we had our first snow of the season! This picture, by the way, is just for looks. I have to admit that I am a bit of a child when it comes to snow. I love it! It makes me smile! It makes all of my worries melt away! I have always loved the snow! Symbolically it seems odd considering winter is like the death that we all must face in many different ways, including our eventual physical death. Many times we face the pains of spiritual death as we stumble and fall; but we learn and grow from such times. Winter is so cold and on many days it just seems unbearably cold, at least where we live. The sun is with us for a shorter time each day until right around Christmas, it begins to be seen and felt longer with each passing day (again, very symbolic). Many have felt those long and cold days of life (from heartache or sin) which seem like they will never pass. When sometimes, on the darkest coldest day, the Son's light begins to grow brighter, and shines upon us once more. There is such beauty in seeing a soul once lost, that is saved. So, I guess I got off on a tangent. Anyway, the snow is like a blanket of purity that gradually descends upon the coldness and darkness of our lives. It is a window into heaven. It makes me think of the Lord's "tender mercies"! As a token of the Lord's love for me and my precious wife, He sent snow for us, I believe, on the day of Shane's viewing. Our December baby brought us one last snow in April. It was such a joy to see it, our first snow, again today!

2 comments:

Sara said...

that was a beautiful post. i wish we had snow!

Krystal said...

What beautiful words. I love to read your posts because they are full of such powerful words. It really tells a lot about you. You know I am not a big fan of the snow, I would say it's more of the cold I don't like, but when you write about it like you did, it sounds perfect. What a gift from above. May God bless you and your family at this time of year. Hope all is well.