Sunday, November 23, 2008

One Down...So Many To Go!!!


Well this is one quilt top down...the next projects, before this gets quilted, are Lydia's baby quilts.  I have two to work on...one from Mommy, and one from Daddy.  After Shane passed away, Steve got really into quilting with me, he started sewing the quilt tops and leaving the hand quilting part to me. As soon as we found out we were expecting, Steve had a quilt top sewn in a matter of days--very pretty as well! I feel honored to have a husband who loves to find joy in the things I find so much joy in; I actually feel guilty posting, knowing it takes over his beautiful post about the snow--that boy has quite a mind!

4 comments:

Sara said...

That's gorgeous! Me and Tim are going to start cutting out material to make quilts for the kids for Christmas--just tied quilts, and we're trying to come up with the most simplistic design since he will be learning and I am about misserable all the time lately. So, seeing that quilt is way beyond me right now. Wow . . .

Krystal said...

I mean really you can do anything! I truly look up to you both. Good job, your kids are lucky and very blessed to have parents like you guys. What a beatiful quilt.

Miss Crys said...

Krystal--you are too sweet! Nothing like a word of encouragement to keep us going....thanks for being so kind.

Lady said...

That is SOO Not Fair!! Steve needs to have a talk with Dan - (who is in Iraq right now). You two do beautiful work and I am inspired. - (now please inspire my husband).

Brittney