Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall Festival, formerly known as Trunk-or-Treat!


I love the Fall!!!  I love waking in the morning to the smell of the fire burning.  I especially love when Steve takes the initiative to wake in the morning, tend to the children while I get some rest, and build a fire--waking to the smell and warmth is so comforting. 
I also love the anticipation of Halloween.  I was at the hospital yesterday, wondering how I would come home and complete Connor's costume before our ward "Fall Festival".  Needless to say, it did get done, but it sure did leave a tired Mommy and Daddy (but a happy Connor) by days end!  He was so sweet on the way to the chapel, saying, "You and Daddy make a really good team, Mommy.  I love my costume!" It really did take two minds to pull this one off!

I tried so hard to convince Aiden to be the lion that Connor was 2 years ago, but he insisted that he was going to be ?????--we found it at Kohl's on clearance!  The reason for the ???? is because not only was I confused as to who he was, but he was as well.  He just LOVED the costume!  I took the boys to the ice cream shop after the party and found that two cute little boys knew exactly who he was.  They were there with their Mom, eating Halloween pretzels and doing homework (what a good Mom); they said that they love Anakin Skywalker , later known as Darth Vader from Star Wars!   Aiden was so happy to be receiving so much attention.  He scared me the first time I saw him with his mask on.

These two adore each other; I am a lucky Mom!

Not much to see here, but just a highlight of how the evening went.  Aiden didn't talk much at all, just played the mysterious ???? to all present.  He danced and played a few games, but mostly just enjoyed being a kid...he is so cute.  Connor glowed in the spotlight as one person after another complimented his costume.  You can also hear him calling me "Mommy Eve".  He really wanted me to get an Eve costume made for me--maybe I can still pull something off, we'll see!
All of this fun while Daddy had to stay home and study....our days with the books will be over someday!

3 comments:

matthew emilee sarah and jack said...

GREAT JOB ON THE COSTUME . i would love to make the costumes for my kids but im to lazy i just go to good will and get cheap costumes this year we are a kitten and a frog .

Sara said...

You guys did an amazing job on Connor's costume. Aiden is hillarious! He is so cute. I was thinking that it's probably hard for you to not have Shane, for now, and see Hyrum going through what Shane would at this age. I'm sorry and sad for you guys. He's even more on my mind through this season. I love you.

Krystal said...

Can I buy one of those costumes? I mean Wow! Trey saw it, and was like mom, I want one of those. Really good job. I love it. I bet Connor felt so cool! Your boys are just too cute.