Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Touch of Yellow, A Grateful Wife!

I was motivated to get up on Thursday morning and accomplish "beyond the ordinary" tasks.  Clinicals on Tuesday and Wednesday leave me drained, but as I layed in bed Thursday morning, knowing that Connor was off and Aiden was ready to get up (evidenced by "Mommy, I'm hungry and thirsty" in my ear), my mind drew to unfinished tasks, and I knew I could accomplish much with Steve still sleeping!  So, into the kitchen I went with a container of yellow paint that was torturous to open and a paint brush that was dripping with paint.  I placed the tape along the counter tops and was trying so hard to cut in, thinking "Oh my gosh, this is going to take 5 coats of paint!"  When Steve woke, half of the first wall had been cut in once, he watched for a few minutes and asked how well I mixed the paint.  I reassured him that it was the best I could do!  I told him that I had to get a shower and go upstairs to meet with my Visiting Teacher, BUT I WOULD FINISH LATER, he had to study for an upcoming exam.  When I came downstairs 2 hours later, the entire kitchen was done, top to bottom with several coats of beautiful yellow paint.  
Needless to say, I am so grateful for my wonderful husband.  He's always stepping up lately to give me a little bit of a break.  Hey, by the weeks end, the laundry was done--just waiting for me to fold it--but it was done, and I was happy!  He's my "handsome boy" and I am his "Princessa", what more can I say!!! (I love when he calls me that :) )

I guess we can't forget to update the BELLY!!!  My goodness, I am BIG!  I am 27 weeks along right now, and I have people looking at me in disbelief when I tell them I am due In January.  I had a woman follow her look of disbelief the other day (at the hospital) with, "How big are your babies?"  Yes, they may be big considering standards 25 years ago, but they are just about the perfect size for the modern medicine standards today!  It's ME...I'm the BIG one.  I guess we'll let Lydia make her way first and then determine exactly who got big through this pregnancy!


It looks like she should come any day now though!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

doesn't look like a full term belly for use girls!