Well, I know it says something about McDonald's, but this is actually the future site of the Philadelphia Temple. We will all have to use our imagination at this point because the design is not yet finished. It is exciting for us living here in the Philadelphia area to be getting a temple so close, reducing our 3+ hour drive down to about 45 minutes. Seeing as though it may take 4 or more years for completion, we may not even be around when the doors open, but the thought of it finally happening is awesome. Pennsylvania is one of the last states in the United States to get a temple. However, the city of Philadelphia is one of the fastest growing areas of membership in the church which may be why the time has finally come. I love going to the temple and wish I could be there more often. I wish everyone could enjoy the peace and beauty of what is within those walls. For more information on the purpose of temples go to the LDS Church website or visit my other blog.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Future Philadelphia Temple Site
Well, I know it says something about McDonald's, but this is actually the future site of the Philadelphia Temple. We will all have to use our imagination at this point because the design is not yet finished. It is exciting for us living here in the Philadelphia area to be getting a temple so close, reducing our 3+ hour drive down to about 45 minutes. Seeing as though it may take 4 or more years for completion, we may not even be around when the doors open, but the thought of it finally happening is awesome. Pennsylvania is one of the last states in the United States to get a temple. However, the city of Philadelphia is one of the fastest growing areas of membership in the church which may be why the time has finally come. I love going to the temple and wish I could be there more often. I wish everyone could enjoy the peace and beauty of what is within those walls. For more information on the purpose of temples go to the LDS Church website or visit my other blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
springing up in Philadelphia! I have roots in Pennsylvania, my great grandfather Cook was born there,and when we moved cross-country to NYC my favorite part of the drive was through PA, I couldn't believe the hills, the gorges and the trees, and how it accumulated in a world of wonder. You have a beautiful family and I send my love and best to you all--I miss hanging out with the old gang! If you ever come to NYC please let us know and we would be delighted to see you! Maybe we should take a trip down to walk through the open-house when it is completed...
Justin, it is so good to hear from you. We love PA, but I was told at the hospital that I sound like I'm from NY. Hmmm. That interesting accent that you always heard when Sara and I read in Lynch's/Flaherty's class sounds New Yorkish to some. Funny huh?! We'll let you know if we make NY trips...please let us know if you come our way.
Hello! My name is Elder Blackburn (even though it is being posted under my sister's name Camille) and I am from Centerville Utah. I just got my mission call this morning to Philadelphia, and am exited to meet members like your beautiful family. I completely agree about the blessings of a nearby temple!
Post a Comment