Saturday, October 25, 2008

Tiny Hands



I walked into our room today after getting ready and was compelled to stop and read again the words to this song which was written by Kenneth Cope. It is called "Tiny Hands". It hangs in our bedroom alongside the painting you see of Joseph and Emma burying one of their children, both of which hang above the crib in our room. I could not hold back the tears as I read the lyrics which to us has become so real. I stared into the crib which has now stood empty for some 18 months. I can however appreciate the words which say to bring back my baby after the Lord has come again and made the Earth pure. I believe that is the only kind of place worthy for our Shane. He was always so bright and happy. There was something different about him, even before we saw his face. He was a beautiful boy. We are approaching that time of year when my thoughts turn to him even more than usual. I am faced with the excitement of welcoming another pair of tiny hands so very close to my birthday in a couple more months. I look back in remembrance of my birthday just two years ago with Shane still in my arms. It was the best birthday I ever had thanks largely to my sweet Princessa (Crystal). This season that is soon upon us has new meaning for us now. We were blessed with a little one during a time when we celebrate the birth of our Savior. He was taken from us just days before we were to celebrate the death and Resurrection of our Lord. Without either one of them, the other has no meaning. I look forward to the day when He who has made it all possible, even life itself, will prepare the Earth for those who have been given Eternal Life. I only hope that I too will be worthy of that gift.

5 comments:

matthew emilee sarah and jack said...

that is so beutiful steve . all i can say is wow . you have done a good job dealing with the rials that heavenly father has placed before you and baby lydia is soo lucky to have you as her dad . ( crystal she is lucky to have you as her mom as well , you deserve a girl ) aren't we so blessed to have the knowledge of the gospel . I love you guys

Krystal said...

Wow, Steve that was so touching. You really couldn't of said it any better. You have always been someone Cody and I look up to for so many reasons. Crystal and you both are such good examples. What a beautiful way to testify to us all, even your perfect little boy how much love you have for him, and the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am so happy for you guys to be getting a girl. What a miracle these babies are.

Sara said...

Steve, that painting I started, and have yet to finish, of you Crystal and Shane is almost that exact same pose. I've contemplated what to do with the arms and wanted your arms to look like Joseph Smith's (around Crystal and Shane) I just didn't have you as a model to get the pose. Now, I have that painting to look to. I think I will start painting again, once this first trimester is over. I hope to have it done for you soon. I love you guys. Sara

Ginnie said...

Absolutely beautiful and touching steve. I'm always thinking of you guys! You are some amazing people.

The Skinners said...

What an amazing post about what life is all about. Your family is so special and has given strength to so many because of your example.