Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Eventful Life!

I loved being a Mommy today! Well, I love being a mommy everyday...but today was my first day this week with the kids! Miss Maya made her mark on her new outfit...and was quickly tossed into the kitchen sink for her first sink bath! She instinctively tried so hard to lay back, she loves her bath time!
Lydia, in the back, was thrilled to help, and Maya was infatuated with her hands!
I admired this little girl all day--she is getting to be quite the eater in our house! She wanders from chair to counter top, to table top, and then moves the chair to any other surface she can find just to get her hands on food! I catch her on the top of counters often...I guess my little "we love food" chant to encourage eating has finally paid off--she LOVES to eat.
And, she loves to drink!
She definitely has her priorities set...I think she'd rather stay stuck in the doorway just to get one last sip of Sprite! Sadly, I caught her drinking Aiden's Sprite during his bath time--I got him Sprite because he was feeling so sick. She drank it, spilled it, and cried to me about HER "sow-a" in the carpet. I told her it was okay and then turned to find HER old cup (her original drink) on the counter...gone. I was flustered with anxiety over how I would explain to Aiden that Lydia drank HIS Sprite :( Then, I put Connor in the bath and turned to see Lydia in his chair drinking HIS Sprite. (long weary sigh....) I just kept quiet, and the boys were just fine!
My Aiden woke this morning complaining of pain in his tummy. I told him that he was going to school and staying there today. You see, just a week ago, Mimi was called to pick my poor Aiden up from school because he was sick. Papa ended up picking him up and they had a grand time, riding in his truck, going shopping for floor mats, eating ice-cream, and "almost" waxing Papa's truck. He didn't seem sick, but who knows! Today....Aiden walked off the bus, face flushed, a pout that broke my heart, and a weary voice stating, "Mom, my whole body hurts!" He has a fever and is now in bed...fighting a bug. I feel terribly bad....I'll have to make it up to him somehow!
There's my princess! Now, for Connor...he was too busy catching up on tons of homework to take a picture! He's a good boy...on his way to mastering Algebra already! :)
Until next time....

1 comment:

Sara said...

Aw, I loved every bit of this post. I especially love the part about that sweet Papa; he's a good man. Poor Aiden. I hope he get's better soon.