Hey LADIES....
I have a few routines I have recently embarked on which will get you looking from this...
the morning hair and face routine...
To this....
the mid hair and make-up routine...
To this...
In literally, a matter of moments!
I have spent several months playing with my personal twists and turns to advice I have sought regarding hair and make-up, and now I have the little plan mastered!
So, if I wake up and literally have no time for a shower, even when my hair is greasy and I look like birds started their nesting in my hair overnight...but I have to be out the door in 15 minutes, I can go from death to beauty queen so quickly!
By the way, these routines have allowed me to cut my make-up application time in half, given me the freedom to skip morning showers,,,every morning, wash my hair only twice a week (and more if I'm an avid exerciser...which I need to get back into being), cut out the premenstrual acne...all together...and look like my hair is fuller and healthier than it has EVER looked in my lifetime! Who wouldn't want to save time, money, and needless experiments with products when what you carry in your own cupboards will actually do the trick?
If you're interested I would gladly do a series of posts explaining the "how to's", if not, well, that's okay too. I'm happy doing what I LOVE doing, beautifying myself QUICKLY so I can focus on being a mom and homemaker. Believe me, when I look good, I feel so very good and treat everyone else with much more respect!
Now on to what I really want to tell you! I was having a hard day, not even sure about what I wanted to listen to as we ran some errands after school. The boys were disappointed I didn't drive back to the house to get their notepads and pencils so they could draw, so Aiden called me the meanest person in the world. Interestingly enough, however, he saw me from outside of the vehicle when I was picking them up, and the first thing he asked when he opened the door was, "Why are you sad Mommy?" I love how he tunes into emotions and truly cares about my happiness.
As we drove, I turned to the artists on my play list and the "A's" popped up. Good old Allison Kraus caught my eye, so I played her songs I have on my i-phone. When the all too familiar, "When You Say Nothing at All" came on, my girls sang their hearts out!
Maya's interpretation caught me off guard.
You see, the lyrics are, "The smile on your face let's me know that you need me. There's a truth in your eye saying you'll never leave me."
But wait... this is what Maya, my 2 1/2 year old beauty sang,
"The smile on your face (blah blur blah mumble mumble)
There's a TOOTH in YOUR EYE (blah blur blah mumble mumble)"
Immediately Lydia shouted: "Maya there is no tooth in your eye!!"
Maya: (forgetting she even said there was) "No Idia, there's a tooth in your mouth...
and then we have a forehead and cheeks, and a chin and lips (as she pointed to all her body parts!)
Maya, my dear, you turned my frown into a smile today. I love you at the perfect age of two!
1 comment:
I'm interested! It is embarrassing how often I get to work and realize I forgot to brush my hair.
Post a Comment