Monday, August 2, 2010

My Boys!!! AUGUST 6th (official post date)

Well, here are a few photos from past days. I loved listening to my boys in such innocence. They were and still are so good to me. "I love you Mommy" and "I miss you Mommy" rolled off their slurring tongues three years ago. I was in NM for my little sisters graduation from HS. Our Baby Shane passed only 6 weeks prior, and it was painful for Steve to have me gone. But, he had these lovely boys by his side, and they showed their love to me through picture and video.
They are still so good to me. Last night before going to work, Connor looked at me in my scrub attire and said, "What are you doing?"
ME--"I'm going to work honey. We need money, and you have to work for that!"
CONNOR--"You have to work even when you have a baby to take care of?"
ME--"Yep, honey..."
CONNOR--"That's weird."
WOW--Connor gets it! Raising a baby is tough work--the world doesn't know half of what this little guy can teach!

Today, while getting this and making that, and assuring they had every little item to make their hearts happy at lunch time, Aiden said, "I know it's hard work for you to walk around the table!" He then followed it quickly with, "I know it's hard work for you to make stuff!" He then proceeded to hug me and say "Thank You" for his lunch! He gets it too!!! YES!!! I sure do love my boys--all three of them. I know the third one visits me often--sometimes when I am at my lowest--or perhaps just my "stillest", he is there! Thanks Shane!

4 comments:

Sara said...

I loved those videos. I felt like I could feel Shane's spirit in those videos--the home. It's like that move to Lititz (a part of the state surrounded by simplicity) and the new appartment was all intended for your pure baby Shane.
This post makes me sad, to see how quickly time has passed. I was just looking at pictures of my kids, from this same month and year . . .

Ali Andrus said...

Thank heavens for our little ones...truly! and thank heavens for motherhood....what a gift it is. Your family is so lucky to have you watching over them! Love you guys!

Miss Crys said...

Oh my--the videos are so fun... I can't get enough of it! Did you catch Aiden singing into the vacuum attachment at the end of the 2nd video? I forgot about how he did that all the time! That was the vacuum they were pushing around the day Daddy was vacuuming too--they pushed them into the room and watched Daddy with Shane when he had died. Such innocence.

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing the videos. Hard to believe how quickly time flies. The boys are bigger, smarter and yet still very innocent. Love to all!