Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tired


Well, I have no idea why these pics uploaded like this...

So, Steve left to the store with the boys. I just put Lydia down for a nap--she is cutting some teeth and CRANKY!!! Maya is now sleeping on my lap after some golden milk, and I am "starting" to think...hmmm, what can I get done?

1. Clean
2. Pack
3. Quilt
4. Nap
5. Or get the toddler who is now talking up a storm???

This is very typical of a day here. There is no longer a moment to spare for cleaning, quilting, playing with the boys, making meals, make-up, hair, and some days even a shower. I'm not complaining about it--I actually think this little life I'm living with girls 16 months apart is teaching me a great deal about patience and long-suffering...surely, it's teaching me about sacrifice! I love my girls. When I'm holding Maya, I am desperate to find ways to give Lydia attention, and when Maya sleeps, Lydia is all I feel capable of focusing on. I hope my boys are understanding. The Lord knew the demands these two would be--He planned this!!! I hope the boys grow from the experience, and I hope they don't feel too neglected. :(

We went to the water park yesterday--much needed!!!


I also felt the need to capture a few images of my "Butter-ball". Now, when I say that I fed her some golden milk, I meant it! Can you believe that at 9.5 weeks, this little 7 pound 6 ounce newborn can look like this? She is wonderful!!!



3 comments:

Sandy said...

The kids look like they're having so much fun. Hooray for Lydia - she's not holding a hand; that's progress. Maya will LOVE those pictures when she is older - I love them now.

Sara said...

Those pictures are so good. I love Lydia reaching out to Connor/the water as he jumps up high. She is so beautiful! I love her age. Maya is gorgeous!

Ali Andrus said...

I agree with Sandy...I am loving these pictures!! Maya is a total doll....absolutely beautiful! Don't ever forget to take a few minutes for yourself...You are worth it!!! Good luck with the packing...wish i could lend a hand!