It was a humbling Father's Day in our home. We have been through a lot over the last 9 months of our lives. Only 10 months ago, Steve and I graduated from nursing school--side by side with our three boys and one beautiful girl as our little pride and joys through a long hard road. We both felt so happy and full of confidence having accomplished something profoundly important for our little family. The remaining time since has been full of too many disappointments...but the Lord knew it would be hard and blessed us yet again with a fifth child. Maya was unexpected...if you recall, I found out I was having her at an IUD appointment--yep, I was pretty certain I would never be able to have another baby with life's chaos blooming! How special it is that Maya was born just weeks from Father's Day--Daddy's little girl! Steve has taken to his little Miss Lydia so well, and Maya's presence is such a gift to add to his wonderful Daddy daughter days ahead! The following pictures are a mini photo session we did together! I arranged them and framed them for Father's Day for Steve.

Above--Miss Lydia, her Violet and Maya--her very best friend already. She is so gentle and loving with her sister. As we talked about Maya while I was pregnant, Lydia would push my belly away and hit me. Then Maya came--and it was love at first site for every member of our family--Lydia loved Maya from first glance in the hospital; she kisses her, hugs her and calls her "My Maya"! We love our 2 baby girls so very much!!! Below, Miss Lydia is reminding me of the looks I gave as a child; who knows, maybe I still give them today--just ask Steve!


Now, enjoy the beauty of a father and his beautiful daughter...







Steve was able to have his own Father in town for Father's Day--a gift he thoroughly enjoyed and needed as well. He was called to serve in the Elders Quorum presidency which took us by surprise and his Dad participated in setting him apart--a gift any Father would treasure. His Dad walked away from that circle of worthy priesthood members with tears in his eyes--I love seeing that happiness and pride that his Daddy has for him; it fills my heart with joy! We went home and enjoyed stacked enchiladas--made especially for the boys--then found that a dark warm home would be our company for the evening (electricity went out!). It was a good day.
1 comment:
Those pictures are beautiful . . . I wish I could take me and my crew down south so you could take our photos!
Post a Comment