Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Between Kids, School, and a Belly



There is still a time to go "makeup-less" and "hair-less" for a day, just so I can be goofy with the kids, make an excuse to exercise without having to take two showers in one day (we'll see if that happens), and pack pack PACK!!! I should probably try to NAP NAP NAP with Aiden while Connor is at school, but you know how I am....I think. Nursing Research papers can keep you up all night....even when it's your husband's, and not your own. Yep, I mostly stayed up to edit and proofread, offer this, and offer that. Steve is a zombie at that time in the morning, and although I looked like a zombie, I think I was still thinking rather clear....at least I hope I was, he handed his paper in this morning!




There is still time to flip through a new quilting magazine, lovingly placed for display on the couch by Sandy...surprising me when I came home from a long day of school on Monday....after a long weekend of everything tiresome under the sun....almost! Does life ever really slow down? I'm starting to think that it doesn't.


And last, there is still time to laugh at the weight I have put on through the pregnancy and pose, stubbournly, for Steve, as he took my 16 week pregnancy photo. I thought my belly was looking rather large, but after seeing it myself, I am starting to think that it's not necessarily the belly....just the entire package of ME! What can you do after four children?




I try not to think too much about how worn out my body is, and how large I am getting...although that is quite a hard task. Instead, I joy in every little kick I feel--the baby is getting stronger every day. I first felt the movements two weeks ago, rather early, and the tiny tiny...tiny limbs are stretching across my abdomen now, SO FUN!











5 comments:

Sara said...

You look beautiful!!! Ughgh, I wish I could be out there to spend time with you. I love the way you write. I need to think out all of my writing better--I always want to, just never do. Love the quilting magazine and you still look amazing! I love the baby belly!!! YaY!!!

Ginnie said...

BIG?! you couldn't look big even if you tried :) I think you look absolutely adorable.

Crystal said...

Oh my gosh! How are you??? I am so glad you left a comment on my blog! Are you still in PA? We miss a lot of things in the east, especially the people we were friends with! Good luck with the new baby, I don't think I can handle another pregnancy, my body is giving out! I am hoping for a girl this time, but as long as he/she is healthy. Next time you talk to Sandy, tell her "hello" for me! Take care

Krystal said...

I just found your blog. How are you? Congrats on being prego. That is always hard, but worth it. So when do you find out the sex? As for looking big, are you kidding me. I always said you were the cuttest prego girl I ever saw. You are so amazing to me how busy you are and yet you do it with a smile. I have always looked up to you for so many things. I hope life is going good. I think about you all the time. Send me your email. Mine is krystalskinner8@yahoo.com

The Skinners said...

Hey I ran across your blog and wanted to say hi. You look so cute pregnant!!! How far along are you? Your boys are growing so fast. They are so darling. I love the sweet picture of little Shane. Your family is so great and we miss you!