Saturday, July 12, 2008

Orange, Blue, and Green!

Daddy used the first few days of our Spring Break last week painting the boys room. Yes, it will be quite a job to paint it all white when we move out, but we were tired of the scarred walls from cheap paint and rough boys. So, he chose orange, blue and green for three different walls with a neutral wall that we would like to paint stripes onto.



It's funny that he chose orange, I understand blue and green (Connor's and Aiden favorite colors), but orange may have been inspired from Aiden's Big Brother quilt and Baby Shane's quilt that he lays with now. My thoughts, when I was expecting Shane, were precisely that Shane would inherit an orange theme in a bedroom, with the other boys inheriting blue and green...from the moment I found out it was a boy I had hoped to one day have a large room big enough for all three boys since they are so close in age (only 3 1/2 years difference total!); somehow I would make it all work out! I didn't tell anyone of my plans because they were simply decorating dreams back then, but Steve must be on the same lines I am....we are too much alike!







I can't leave out the giant lion that Nonna got Connor for his Birthday! The first day I was able to take Connor to school, this package came! I was planning a "surprise party" for Connor when he came home and this lion was the biggest surprise of all. He was so cute. I put his name in huge print on his bedroom door, and Daddy and Aiden hid inside with the lion, glow sticks, confetti, and balloons. Connor looked at the door and said, "What is this?" He opened it, and the "SURPRISE!" scared me more than him. He was in heaven. All week long he has said that he has been feeling very special every day since he turned five....that's our goal!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I LOVE it all! The boys are so lucky . . . if only Shane could share, but I'm sure he smiles and knows that part of it is meant for him too. I want the recipe for the hot pockets. Take a good picture of it tonight and post the recipe for me please . . . I'm so happy that Connor feels like a special boy--if I had a birthday like him I would feel pretty special too. I'm feeling pretty inspired to go get a few colors of paint to do some kids rooms out here now! I have a pale green, just need some boy and girl colors to intertwine! I guess I better do it before some life changes happen in this area! Love you guys. sara