My husband works on a pediatric unit as an RN. He has a tendency to utilize his time wisely when there are close to no patients. He draws...for the sick children who aren't there...and for the big children (as we all are children in a sense) who are there!
Something that started out as simple as a balloon...
Has turned into an attempt to master his cartoon drawings!
I can imagine there were a few days on the unit where he was dreaming up what he was going to do for summer, just like Phineas and Ferb!
He mastered his Mickey Mouse drawing, I'd say, and there are definitely days on the unit when it's so quiet you could probably hear a mouse in it's wanderings. (Hoping they have a pest control plan, however, to keep them creatures away!)
And there were probably days where he ate too much...but not just cookies, though I am certain they were on the list of favorites!
And as sad as it may be, I know there were little ones who may have felt like Steve was a Dracula, taking their blood from their bodies.
Thank you, Steve, for magnifying your role as a nurse, and making life a little more enjoyable for both the little ones and the big little ones on the unit! I love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment