Tuesday, August 28, 2012

To Be Perfect, Even For a Moment!

I never dreamed that I would be the luckiest little girl in the world at the end of August in 2012.  I say that because we planned a trip out to Park City UT for the end of August a few months back...for a specific purpose in mind.  At that time, I wasn't aware that I would be blessed enough to spend my 13 year Anniversary as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints walking temple square, visiting the Tabernacle and Conference Center, and basking in the light that is felt in the shadows of the temple.
It is ironic isn't it?
How do you feel light in the shadows which are cast?
Oh, believe me...the shadows of life are what truly do bring light in the end...
for the eye that can see, and the ear that can hear. 
Thirteen years ago I was a little teenager just out of high school...
I wanted direction...
I wanted truth!

Thirteen years ago, my Father in Heaven heard my silent and verbal prayers.
He sent me a beautiful friend, at a very calculated time..
Miss Anna!
Through her sweet testimony of two basic truths:
1. The temple, as a place for families to be sealed for time and all eternity
and
2. Her Savior Jesus Christ
I was led into a path which would prove to be the most fertile ground for me to step foot upon.

Are there shadows there?
Absolutely!!! 
Yet, I know who can cast those shadows and fears from me, I KNOW now who I am, where I came from, and where I will go if I am faithful and true to the end. 
I was then led, by my dear Miss Anna, to a set of missionaries...
young...
faithful...
humble...
and so very ready to teach the Lord's word.
Elder Kuculyn, gentle and well versed in the truths he was teaching, and Elder Lance, new, nervous, but full of zeal for the Lord's work, taught me basic truths and principles which would make living clear as day...
every single day.
From one discussion to the next, I found myself being prepared by the Lord.  Whether it was a set of scriptures I had cleaved to as a young child and teenager, or a prompting to cease seemingly unharmful practices in preparation for the light and knowledge I WAS GOING to receive, it was clear...and so very beautiful...I WAS BEING PREPARED.

It is easy to accept the Lord's will when He so clearly speaks to your mind and heart in such simple ways...it is easy to have the faith of a child, and believe in unseen things; things do not have to be seen to be known, but rather felt in the center of a heart, and through the gentle, warm, and encompassing grasp of the Spirit.
I need not see if I already feel...
to feel truth it to know truth!
In Utah, we decided it would be fitting to celebrate my Birthday early...so we did that today.
We walked into the Tabernacle on Temple square.  I have been here before for events.  I have seen it's beauty.  While Steve and most of the kids walked the aisles, I took a seat in the back and simply gathered the peace...saving it up for my rainy days.

As I looked at the benches, I started seeing numbers and letters which signified the row and column I was in.  In front of me, I saw B-31, and therefore assumed that I was sitting in B-32.  I looked back, confirmed my position, and silently giggled.  If anyone knows the woman I am, they know that I receive great comfort and peace in the communication of numbers.  It is very symbolic to me...if you want to know more of my perceptions, ask me someday!
You see I am celebrating my 32nd Birthday  this week, and we decided to do it today of all days!
Coincidence I sat there?
No...
There are NO coincidences in the Lord's plan, in His GREAT work...
even if something as simple as a number brings me happiness and peace, it is happiness and peace from Him, my Father!
The journey that started 13 years ago this evening as my body was immersed in pure clear water, and then came up bearing resemblance of that water...pure, clean, new, and whole....
was the beginning of a journey of a lifetime.
I recall rising out of the water in spotless white that evening, August 28th, 1999.  I recall being told that I was the the most perfect person in the room at that time...
Oh, to be perfect, even for a moment!

How fitting that this journey of a lifetime started with a sincere testimony of the temple...a place where time is set aside, and eternity is what is prepared and focused on.
How fitting that when times get hard, and shadows of sadness and heartache are cast, I can walk into those temple doors and feel a piece of my eternal divinity.
How fitting that, 13 years ago, I learned these things from such young and humble missionaries that only sought to do the Lord's will.
How fitting that I was young and humble myself, ready to do the Lord's will.
How fitting I was allowed to be at this place, on this day, thirteen years later, as I feel closer to my baptismal experiences than I have in a LONG time.
How fitting?
Yes!
Coincidental?
Absolutely not!
Every detail of our lives are known...
from beginning to end...
How fitting I just received light and knowledge confirming that very truth as I entered the temple last week...
How fitting indeed!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey, my name is Sarah, and I found your blog through Ashley Sullenger. I read this post, and I would like to ask you a few questions about your faith. If you would be willing to talk to me, my email is SarahEMoses88@gmail.com. Thank you.

Sarah