Something happened to me last night that is too sacred to share in full detail, but I wanted to share a few thoughts about the infinite reach of our Heavenly Father's love. As mortals we have such a finite perspective when it comes to the power of God and how that power is given to man to perform the work in which needs done, as He is not here to do it himself. Sacred ordinances are performed at times by those whom the Lord has called and chosen to carry out His work, often through the laying on of hands. I have come to know through the years that there clearly is life after this existence and that there are loved ones and "angels" closer to us and the work of the Lord than we can actually prove and explain with our mortal understanding. This Earth was given, for man to inhabit for all eternity. Loved ones and "angels" are beside us, around us, and all are about the service of their God and King. When mortality hits a wall with its limits of how to reach someone, may I say to you now, God has the power to find a way to reach them. We are limited by our mortal bodies and the bounds of this realm, but those who are now immortal and those who have yet to gain their bodies are bound by different limits. It is like the rays of the sun, which can burn through even the darkest clouds and hard to reach places, to bring light into the world. I received a sacred piece of knowledge tonight that has opened my eyes to how personal our lives and our needs are to our Savior, Jesus Christ. He is closer to this work than we can imagine and His faithful children are about His work on our behalf so that we can all be together once more, never to separated again. When man's hands cannot reach out and bless, there are hands which can be and are laid upon our heads, and which lift up our shoulders in the pursuit of our "Eternal Happiness". I am forever grateful for the knowledge I now have on this subject. I wish you could all have felt and experienced what I did this past evening. Thank you, my dear wife, for helping me to seek for knowledge and understanding in the places that are of the most worth. I am grateful for all of my friends and family who have helped/will help me and my family in the past, present, and future. I am grateful beyond measure for one in particular who saved me from myself. Someone who along with the Savior helped me to see me for who I really am and for the potential that is in me and all of us. I am grateful for beautiful children and a wonderful family which has come as a result of that someone. Crystal, I love you! You were sent to me by our Heavenly Father to help me find my way home. I am constantly learning to be better as a result of your love and compassion on a wretch such as myself. I have been in need of forgiveness many times throughout my life and our marriage. I will be in need of that gift in the future as well. Thank you for allowing me that chance to heal my heart when I make mistakes. Thank you for being a prime example of what a faithful daughter of God is and does. Thank you for everything you do. I love you! And today, I am grateful for the power of God; the priesthood. I am grateful to have felt God's love like the rays of sunshine that gently make there way over the mountains on a cool summer morning. Today, I am grateful!

1 comment:
Beautiful post.
Post a Comment