Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pennsylvania...a few days with family and fun!

I found in Pennsylvania, that my older nieces would be a life saver out here in NM.  The girls are innately loving and helpful, patient and kind!  When the older nieces were around, I rarely had to do my entire mothering job!

Thank you Ashley, Hannah, and Eden--I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
The cousins enjoyed a few days together in the course of our trip.  They have missed each other a whole lot...and thoroughly enjoyed every moment they had together!
Yes, there were tantrums....my heart broke when I saw it fir the "wasted time heartache" I knew they'd feel when they settled for something of far less importance (like sorrowing over a water bottle in the car) over play time with their BEST friends...their cousins!



 Of course, it wouldn't be a vacation if the boys weren't allowed to play games....
And games they played!!!
We had fun at the park!   








 Did a little bit of racing!  All I know is I came in last...but I was carrying a baby!







 And then we ended the night at Texas Roadhouse with Grandpa while Grandma was working.  Maya fed Daddy lots of honey butter...he accented the glob of oil with a roll!



 The "Crys-Steve" clan all ordered steak...mmm!

And we went to bed with happy tummies...that's what you do on vacation...right?!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I found your blog from another mom's blog and wanted to say how beautiful your family is, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Shane. I lost my son to SIDS in August of 2010. He was 4 months old.

Reading through your blog has been so inspirational, I am Mormon too and its so refreshing to see someone happy after enduring the loss of a child.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi.

jay said...

Love to see the children's smiling... and, yes! forget all about the diet during vacation,haha!