Sunday, October 23, 2011

Glimpse of Heaven

I spent a few of little Jude Matthew's 67 days caring for him in the PICU.  There was a spirit, recognizable to my heart, every time I walked by his room or was in his and his dear parent's presence.  Jude spent his final hours in his Mom and Dad's arms on Saturday, but lives on for eternity for and with them.  It is such a humbling gift to be able to share of such limited time with firm and beautiful children of our Father.  Every time I walked in to Jude's room, I was graced with Mandy praying over him in such purity....for him and other's in the rooms surrounding Jude....or I would see a new beautiful arrangement of cards, window decals, and scriptures (as seen below). They lived every day of his 67 days fighting for him in the simplest and purest ways they could--prayer, scripture study, and lots of love.

Guess what?  They have him!

By such small and simple means, we shall all have our families for eternity!
Mandy and Brandon Pelton, thank you for sharing your son!



3 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful post, beautiful baby boy

Sunny said...

That was beautiful! Such a sweet boy...too perfect to stay here, just as baby Shane was. What an amazing family, you must be such a source of strength. I admire that in you!

jay said...

I'm speechless...

You're an amazing person, Crystal