Monday, August 1, 2011

Lydia and Jesus...More Ordinary than not!

My Little Lydia walked with me in the bedroom the other day as I sang this beautiful song at the top of my lungs. I have been caught doing this...you can go HERE for an example of my silly singing stories. On this day , however, it was just me and Lydia. Recently having learned every line and transition of this soul searing song, I sang with my heart. Lydia walked nearby, in my high heels, and said, "Jesus, yes Jesus...do you want to walk? Do you want to exercise? (as she tried to manipulate her little body in high heels up onto the elliptical) Yes, Jesus!" I have never heard her speak with Jesus in play...outside of prayer. It was special. I am convinced that as we DO what is right, in word and deed, and as we emulate who the Savior is in our very countenance, we can better "walk" with the Savior and prepare our children to do so as well.



2 comments:

jay said...

That was wonderful...

;)

TulsaT said...

We went to a concert in which this song was performed. It was the gentlemen who did A Nashville Tribute to a Prophet.

I have this cd and I love it.