Well, if you haven't been within ears distance of me over the last two weeks--and most of you have not--then you wouldn't have heard the endless echo in our home as I, in my high pitched Mommy voice, say "I love you Miss Lydia", over and over and over again. I LOVE THIS GIRL!!!


Sometimes I think I underestimate the power of the Lord to bring peace and happiness into my life--how could this tiny bundle put so much light and hope into living? To say that love grows with each child is far less than what I feel; as a matter of fact, I cannot even say the least of what I feel; it is too big, powerful, and simply beyond me to explain. My words simply cannot do justice to the pure love which burns in my heart lately.



We went to the doctor last Friday (January 30th) for a weight check. Miss Lydia weighed in at 7 pounds 14 ounces--6 ounces above her birth weight and 13 above her first doctors visit. She is such a little peanut. I sit here tonight with her curled in my lap; she laughed and smiled in her sleep moments ago. She then opened her eyes, caught mine, and smiled so big. What greater joy is there? The joy of a parent for their child....I guess it's all Father's way of teaching us His pure love for us!


So....if you haven't heard from me lately, it's only because I am too busy enjoying every moment with my little Miss Lydia--treasuring the touch, smell, sounds, innocence, and even every night time feeding that comes with newness. I pray they will become permanent memories, engraved in my heart and mind--to be recalled perfectly and clearly one day.
4 comments:
she is so precious! i love that you got a picture of her little grin there. i can't believe how much she looks like your baby pictures! i bet it's so much fun for you to finally dress another girl, other than yourself, in pink! i'm glad that you're treasuring these moments. they're all too fleating.
Steve and Crystal this is Matt, Ali's husband. It is interesting that I find myself looking at your blog when I don't really even know you but through what Ali has told me. You guys seem to be doing well all things considered. I am so happy for you guys and your little girl. I hope that one day we'll be able to get together. You guys have a beautiful family....
she is soo adorable! there isn't anything more precious than when your baby smiles at you. breck melts my heart every time! i LOVE when they smile in their sleep...i always think they must be remembering being up in heaven before coming down to us and the beauty and love that they felt and enjoyed there! how precious!!
Congratulations! She's looking pretty in pink. I'm glad you're enjoying these new baby moments :) They sure go by fast.
Post a Comment