Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things!

I had to post about a few of my favorite things! I love the snow, and we finally got enough snow for the boys and I to actually play in. I had to join in the snow angel making. There is something about snow that brings the child out in me. It is still one of my favorite things even though I am not as fond of the cold weather as I once was.

Aiden actually started making a snow angel before anyone. I didn't even know he knew what one was. I was shoveling the driveway when I looked over and saw him on his belly waving his arms and legs. I laughed and said "Aiden, you are supposed to do that on your back". He laughed, rolled over, and began making his snow angel again. Watching the boys play in the snow and having fun is another one of my favorite things.
These are just a few more pictures of the boys enjoying themselves for the first time this year in the snow. Connor is getting ready to fire that snowball at somebody. He looks so innocent though, don't you think?
I think Aiden could have stayed outside all night, but as you can see, his gloves looked like they were made out of snow after being outside for awhile.
It is just fun to knock the snow off of anything and everything. When you get bigger that includes the tree branches. He thinks it is so cool, I'm sure. Our day came to an end when Connor said his hands were hurting a little. Not to worry, he only lost one of his fingers :)
I had to throw this in because this pretty girl is another one of my favorite things. I think she makes a beautiful pregnant woman. This is a picture I played around with in photoshop to get a different effect. I believe it is called a lomo effect, but I am an amateur so what do I know.
I have to add just one more of my favorite things , and that is babies. I love them and I cannot wait for our little girl. Crystal is scheduled to go to the hospital tomorrow night to get Cervidil and then be induced Thursday morning. We will likely be holding our little one by Thursday night. I hope to be posting some pictures soon. Thank you to everyone for your concern and support!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

You know making snow angels is the best part about playing in the snow. When we were in Utah, Trey said mom, when is it going to snow so I can make snow angels? Once it stated, it didn't want to stop. Lets just say he had a lot of fun making snow angels over and over again over the holidays! I'm glad you all could go out and enjoy the snow as a family! The boys are adorable. They are going to make the best big brothers. I can't wait to see all the new pictures of your sweet little angel. Good luck with everything. Tell Crystal Hi, and I agree she does make a beautiful prego woman. What a special day these next few days will be for you and your family. God bless

Lady said...

Good luck you guys - for some good news - Cervidil worked great on me. They used it on me with both MacGregor and Piper and it put me into active labor right away. You may have your baby by Thursday morning. They told me I would be crampy with MacG and I was in so much pain. After a couple of hours they checked me and I was already at a 5. (originally they told me they wouldn't check me for 12 hours but the cervidil fell out when I took a shower - so of course they checked me after that) Hope you go as fast. Good luck. Can't wait to see pictures.

Wendy said...

I saw (on fb) you didn't need to wait till Thurs. It sounds like it was an exciting event. Can't wait to hear about it!