Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Although you may not know it yet, you are a HERO in your boys eyes!  Happy Birthday Daddy!  Steve showed his power after blowing out all 27 candles in one breath!!!  It was a year of change and hard work for Steve--he has shown a lot of dedication, direction, and hope as he trudges through another year for our family.  I wish I could have shown him how grateful I am for all the growth he has exhibited, but there is only so much a 40 week pregnant Momma can do (Smiling day to day has become a challenge with the discomfort.)!  As a matter of fact, I was hoping Miss Lydia would be here by now--Daddy's little gift!  But, regardless, I will always think of her as a treasure for her Daddy.  First, she will be our little girl--the one Daddy has hoped for in our (almost) 7 years of marriage.  Second, what greater gift could be given to the man in our home who endured so much heartache only 21 months ago.  The Lord truly shows us his mercy and love in ways we can see if we only open our eyes.


The Birthday cake was an adventure itself.  Now, to set the record on this--STEVE makes the cakes in our home.  But, since it was his Birthday I had to move outside of my comfort zone.  With the candles I chose, my lop sided, crumbling, half baked cake turned into a Dr. Seus masterpiece.  (I couldn't even center it on the cake dish!).  I left the tasting to the boys in this home--I am actually too afraid to taste the interesting creation.  Between my sluggish body, the disappointing cake, and house sick kids (with winter and a basement they go crazy!), I still wish my boy a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 
P.S. It'll be better next year! 

4 comments:

The Modern Daisy said...

Happy Birthday Steve!

Zac and Kaylan said...

Happy Birthday Steve! I think the cake looks yummy! I can't believe you blew out all those candles in one breathe! I keep checking in to see if Miss Lydia has made her appearance yet! Hang in there Crystal! You truly are at the end of the race and you have a great reward waiting for you! Get some rest! Take Care!

Lady said...

Happy Birthday Steve. I am glad that this year has been good for you. I think your cake is beautiful Crystal - and I so hope for you that your wait is over. I guess Miss Lydia wants everyone to get used to waiting for her. I'm sure she'll be making her brothers wait for the bathroom in no time. You know girls and all their primping. Keep us posted and I do hope all goes well.

The Skinners said...

Happy Birthday Steve!!!!!!!!1