Friday, January 16, 2009

Everything BUT a Baby!!



I was hoping our next post would include chubby baby pictures--BUT she is content hanging out and making us wait just a little longer.  In the meantime, the other quilt top that Steve put together for Lydia now has finished applique work on it, and I will begin the hand quilting tonight--I look forward to that!  We do make quite a team--both nursing students, both LOVE quilting and writing...hmmmm, we need to find a few differences! :)


Connor came home from school yesterday on HORRIBLE HAIR DAY with blue and green hair.  WHAT FUN!!!

Connor lost another tooth--that makes three!

And Aiden decided that he was getting dressed all on his own --with no supervision at all.  Well, that's typically okay, but today he was a little confused, or backwards!  He insisted that the pants were on right because the tag was on the back--thanks to manufacturers who completely confuse our children!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute post. I am so jealous of all the quilting talent in that home...I could only wish, even though Randy would probably do better than me. That right moment has to come soon, she is probably going to be a very easy going baby. Best of Luck

Lady said...

Wow - That quilt is AWESOME!!! Great job to both of you. Where do you get the time? My kids would never let me sit and quilt that long and frankly I've really become a TV junkie that last few weeks - I need to have "Turn off TV week" and maybe I'll get something done!!!! Crystal - did you hand applique or machine? I have only done one machine applique quilt and I am still very intimidated by applique.

Hope Lydia arrives soon. When we lived in Valley Forge my doctors were the same way - Set against induction until you were 2 weeks over. MacGregor was 16 days late and weighed over 9 pounds but he was also my easiest baby!! Good luck!

Miss Crys said...

Hey Brittney--I hand applique, I am afraid to use the machine at this point! My boys have always been good about letting me get some quilting in--that's usually when they make their piles! They actually like to look through magazines with me and pick the next quilt out!

Aiden was a 9 pound baby at 40 weeks 1 day, so I hope Lydia is naturally a bit smaller so I don't have to push out 10 pounds :)I am a grump to be around these days--kinda sad considering the miracle taking place!

Chell said...

Wow so much quilting talent in one house... Hope you rlittle angel makes her appearance soon.

Let me know if you want me to come and do some newborn shots for you!!

Zac and Kaylan said...

You guys are the BOMB! What an amazing quilt! I wish I had the patience let alone the talent to do something as beautiful as that:)So, are they not going to induce you or what?! My midwife was happy to induce me but Women's and Babies Hospital doesn't induce early unless medically necessary so I went a day after my due date. You are such a trooper Crystal! Baby Lydia is going to come out I promise! You've just made her such a nice home she doesn't want to leave :) Put your feet up and enjoy the time with family before you bring baby home!

Ginnie said...

Steve, I'm always happy to answer any photography questions. Just email me! :)

Val said...

What! No baby! She is obviously a girl like mine, she does things on her time! Girls are so much fun! Good luck and hope all is well.