My precious little Maya Ruth turned THREE on June THIRD!! That's a Golden Birthday in my book! I was so happy to have her turn three, and so sad all at once. Every new stage is the end of another, and my heart is so very tender when it comes to advancing in those moments with my babies. It is such a joy to see them become amazing and beautiful children, however!
Maya was determined to wear her Princess dress, Rapunzel for her Birthday. I allowed it to be, and curled her hair like a princess too! I dressed myself in a purple top I had worn many times in her pregnancy...purple is Maya's favorite color.
As a matter of fact, Maya has been saying, for months, that she wanted to go to build a bear, and get a purple build a bear, get purple presents, and a purple cake. Mind you, she adores the color purple so much that at preschool one day this year, she told her Aunt Sunny that her hair color was purple!!!
This little gal makes me so happy to be a mother. She was not an expected baby!
I went into the doctor in September of 2009 to get an IUD, that very day. The doctor required a pregnancy test prior to placing an IUD...turns out I was pregnant! I am so glad I was because Maya has been the most precious bundle of joy we have had.
This year, Maya has...
Overcome her infant kidney reflux disease...YAHOO!!
Learned to love princesses and any thing that allows her to look more like a princess.
Will wear play princess heels that are way too big for her...to the park, to the store, and even running and hiking!
She adores my make-up and will spend my entire make-up routine fixing up herself at a pretty princess speed!
She adores when I place pony tail holders in her hair...she actually likes braids and pony tails.
She LOVES food--she will eat just about anteing you place in front of her. She will devour her plate and sit next to Steve or I and beg for bites from out plates which are always more complex and delightful looking.
Her favorite lullaby is Dora...yes, the cartoon song!
She has recently ventured into singing Jesus Loves Me and I Love to See the Temple more often.
She adores her Mimi, and desires to see her and be with her often, but when she is with her...she gets shy and puts 90% of the time we are with her.
She has started called her Grandpas (Grandpa Fultz, Papa, and Grandpa Roy) Grandpa Roy...to which I have to explain the rational over and over again to her sweet little mind.
She went from loving nursery to needing one special person there to calm her...Sister Newey!
She has gone from shouting in church and when the other children are sleeping to understanding the importance of a whisper...and her whisper is a sound that makes my heart melt.
She has learned t go for runs in the jogger without screaming 90%of the time, but she loves to get out and run with me...so I b=never really get a good run in when I tag my children with me!
She has said goodbye to the bottle, which she started requesting as her bottle with syrup for weeks prior to the cold turkey method of saying goodbye.
She will still remind me daily, "I your baby huh Mommy?"
Yes, Maya YOU are my baby!!!
I could go on and on...but know this, she is perfect!
We had a special Birthday lunch with Mimi and Papa...it was wonderful!
And Maya continued her pout through the lunch, but we still celebrated her and her beauty!
Her purple build a bear was a no go, since there were NO purple bears there! So, she chose her next favorite character, Hello Kitty! And...she immediately found a matching Rapunzel dress for her as well!
Daddy picked up her perfect purple cake...and after his long work day, we celebrated the last moments my dear baby would be saying goodbye to 2, and hello 3!
We ended up catching a glimpse of what Maya has learned in her twos...her tiny index finger goes straight into her nose when people start giving her extra attention...it's almost a nervous tick!
She went for the blow...
And nearly missed her golden locks!
Of course, Daddy, who hadn't seen our baby girl all day was thrilled to cuddle her and carry her like a true princess should be carried! At least a princess who is only 30 pounds!
A few gifts were opened and she received what every girl should have...new clothes from Nonna!
My only child born out of Pennsylvania, yes, my Louisiana Belle...you amaze me daily. I thank my Dear God for you...you make me better daily! I love you Princessa...
Mommy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment