Friday, July 3, 2009

Family Temple Trip

Here are pictures (probably too many) of our July 1st trip to the temple as a family. I had just left to go into the Washington, D.C. temple. Crystal was sweet enough to come along and watch the kids while I did some temple work. They were already playing with the camera shortly after my departure. I had to put this picture in of my two pretty girls. Mommy is loving this girl thing. Can you tell?
Hurry, everybody smash you faces together and let's see if we can get a picture of all of us! Oops, sorry Lydia.
With such a long care ride and a couple of hours of walking around and playing in the car, this boy was tired. Surprisingly he stayed awake the whole ride home.
I was starting to take some pictures and getting ready to take a family picture with our nice camera, but it died after only 4 shots. It helps to charge the battery before you leave the house.
I just love the funny little look on Miss Lydia's face. Mommy doesn't think it is a very flattering picture, but I disagree. It's cute!
Connor is getting ready to take a picture of himself and I didn't include it, but it actually turned out really well. He is getting so big (he turns 6 on Sunday).
Here's our lovable little Aiden in front of the beautiful water fountain. It looks so much more beautiful in person. We are back to the little point and shoot with this picture. I won't let that happen again.
Jr. photographer Connor taking pictures of everyone and everything. Digital cameras are great. No worries. Take as many pictures as you want Connor Dude.
And here I am; big fat daddy (feeling like a fathead for not charging the battery).
We had to get a shot of the little photographer. He loves going to the temple. Last year, that is what he wished for his birthday; to go to the temple and stay overnight in a hotel. It was so much fun.
I love this pictures with the clouds, temple spires, and angel Moroni in the background. This little princesa is an angel.
Flowers (see left hand) do not taste as good as they look. She just has to put everything in her mouth. I have that philosophy with food. I am working on that one though.
We lucked out. As we were about to leave somebody visiting from Utah asked if we wanted a family picture and we were able to get one after all. It wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but it is still beautiful being able to see that ginormous temple in the background. It is a great reminder of being sealed together forever, and of where we want to be when we leave this Earth. It will also be a great reminder of our memories.
This sweet little girl was asleep as soon as she got buckled up. She is so precious. It doesn't get much cuter than that.
Aiden is buckled up and ready to go.
Connor just got through crying because we could not go back into the visitor's center. I told you he loves the temple. At least he is trying to look happy.
All in all, it was a wonderful day. Everyone had a good time and I feel so grateful that I could go inside and do some temple work. I felt the spirit and left feeling rejuvenated. It was a good reminder that we need to go more often as well. I had tears in my eyes as I walked across the bridge to leave the temple. Anyone who has ever been inside the D.C. temple knows the bridge I am referring to. For me, every time, it is so symbolic of leaving the world behind and then returning as I look out those windows. It is like an out of body experience. There is a big painting representative of the second coming at the end of the hallway and in it there is a woman holding a child that to Crystal and I looks like our baby Shane. I looked at it on the way in and on the way out. I did not want to go back into the world. It is like an out of body experience and the Lord is saying your work is not done yet; go back down and finish. My heart just ached to stay and hold my baby boy again somehow. The temple truly is heaven on Earth. I wish everyone could go inside and feel the spirit there. This whole week has been focused on doing things as a family and it has been wonderful. I was going to go to the temple by myself on Tuesday, but the car had a flat tire and all the while, the kids were begging to go along to the temple. So, we went to next day as a family. I think the Lord wanted it to be that way. It has been such a nice week break from nursing school and I believe the remainder of the week will be as well. It all ends with a bang/fireworks and a birthday. Then, it's back to school.

2 comments:

Sara said...

what a beautiful experience, post, pictures and family.

Krystal said...

What a perfect way to spend the day! I really feel like I walk away a better person after I read your guys post. Thank you, all of you for doing, living, and sharing your example. Now to that beautiful Temple, I love it. As for those cute kids of yours adorable! I love how your two princess match. You can just see in every picture how much fun they have together. We miss you all, and send our love