Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Family Fun

I will try and make this one brief as I'm sure was for the most part ordinary, but that is what life is mostly full of; ordinary moments filled with ordinary people. We took a trip in the morning to the church only to find that we had arrived too late for breakfast that was being served at 9 (we got there at 10). After that we got some last minute things for Connor's birthday since it was on a Sunday this year and then headed to the cemetery. We were trying to get some nice Independence Day family pictures, and taking what has become a traditional trip to visit our little baby Shane's grave. It is a special place and a good reminder for the children that they have a little brother waiting for them to hold him again someday. There is no way they could forget with all of the pictures we have in the home though. After that we went to the YMCA outdoor pool to go swimming. I dare not post any of those pictures for fear of permanently embedding scary images in your brain (me without a shirt -- not good!). Then we came back home for some good old family barbecue and fun. We ended with some of the only fireworks that are legal to purchase and everyone had a good time. The kids cheered my brother and I on as you can see in the pictures below. They loved it. We caught some "lightning bugs" and then ended the night with cupcakes and some trick candles. We had fun and we spend the whole day with family. It could not have been more perfect. I hope everyone enjoyed their day of celebration as well.















No comments: