"Oh the places you'll go", or the places you'll get locked out of, or the things you will lose, and then find, and then lose again....
I really only needed bread tonight...and Lydia insisted at 5:45pm that we head to the store just for bread! Luckily, Dr. Pepper was on sale and I just had to have those yummy bananas because the night which followed would have been so not worth it otherwise:
A BIG thank you to my husband for hearing that I locked myself out of the house tonight and simply was so sad for me and the kids without questioning the dim witt I appear to be most days (yes, I lose keys and garage openers as soon as they are placed in my hand). He was so worried for my emotional frustrations with myself and our literal safety....now that is what protecting a family is about! A HUGE THANK YOU to my sister, Sunny, for taking me and the kids in so cheerfully late at night for so many hours. The kids were bathed, given snacks, watched movies, and played games while I curled on the couch in a freezing foggy fit because I have forgotten to take my medicine all week long!!! And yes, in a 74 degree home, my temp was 96.2 tonight, I'd say I need to figure out this medicine (or root cause) thing before I start dipping into dangerously low temps. And finally, a BIG thank you to my brother in law, Antonio, who, after working his long day, with awful second shift hours as well, went to the hospital to gather a garage opener for me and the kiddos so we could at least sleep in our own home tonight. The kids were in bed by 1am, and I am finally taking a moment to say thank you for the 1oth time tonight. I even lost the garage opener from the time it was handed to me at 12:20 to the time I put my sleeping Maya in the car at 12:25...it took another 10 minutes to locate it; I literally almost began to cry that time around, but you can't really cry when you have a comedian for a brother in law who actually took my "I'm so flipping mad at myself" infliction of anger and turned it around by saying, "Hey, it's just been a really long day!" Feeling so grateful that when all else crumbles, there is always someone near to turn to in an instant for relief. I love my family, and the burden lifting I received as I spoke with my sister who understands every body ache, shiver, fogginess, heart palpitation, dizzy spell, cold intolerance, etc., etc., etc., was exactly what I needed tonight; I cannot be grateful enough to have a sister who suffers all I do in such exact ways I do with this Hashimoto's, though I am so sad she has to experience it as well. There are times I feel the world deems me as psychologically insane, but my physiological symptoms are so real and so very hard to manage. Silver linings are always present, always!
Now, however, I am on night three of late night nausea with vomiting. I don't know what is wrong, but I do know it is not a stomach bug, and it is very closely related to the slew of symptoms Im battling right now. I am struggling to get through the nights more than anyhting. Between the night sweats, the chills, the vomiting, the anxiety....and gosh the list just feels like it goes on...I am struggling so deeply. Yes, I know it's after 4am, but the nausea finally gave way tonight....again....and I made a rapid trip to lose everything I had eaten today....
Now, how do you still gain weight when you are losing your food every night???
People, take care of your bodies...or they will fight back and force you to find some way to be taken care of in the end. I know, sometimes all we can do to survive is work our butts off. I believe The Lord understands that and will eventually, if not in this life time, rewards us for our diligent and courageous fight.
Now before I start to cry, I need to curl up in these warm blankets with a heating pad and doze for a few hours, praying the girls give me a few hours of rest after sunrise!
No comments:
Post a Comment