Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Boys...My Cubs!


It is a great thing to find activities for the cubs that allow them to just SMILE, LAUGH, RUN, and PLAY!  I am of the mind that you can throw in the many aspects of becoming leaders, learning in time to become physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight, with fun and exciting activities.  There is definitely time to reflect and quietly ponder upon truths, but if you catch a boy in his youth with love and lots of PLAY (because believe me, that's what is truly important to these kiddos in the end anyhow) you have a shot at keeping them on a path of progression and happiness.

From pack meeting to den meetings, there have been creative juices over flowing!  I am so grateful to work with some brilliant minds...and when all of our minds come together, it creates so much fun and energy! 

 The WEBELOS have been busy with their craftsman goals.  I am incredibly impressed with how innate this calling is to the WEBELOS den leader, Ben Sego.  They are always using their hands to create something valuable or fun!  I loved watching Connor meticulously sand and spray his shelf; it reinforced the knowledge I have of him from the first few years of his life to now.  Connor is attentive to detail, strives for perfection, and wants to do it at his own slow and and peaceful pace; Connor is a son of God who thrives off of order and plans, what a great way to lead out in a family!


 I took my scouts on a hike this past week.  We practiced a few knot tying skills, talked about first aide and then began our hike.  It was 1.5 hours rounds trip, and even the babes (Lydia and Maya) made it with red beautiful faces and wobbly legs...oops, sorry...that was my face and those were my legs!  I have one cub scout who loves to take in the beauty of his journey.  I made them buddy up as is required for safety, and Aiden exercised so much patience in allowing his buddy to sit and draw or write about where we were on our trek...he let his mother know that if we got lost it would be a document of our journey for all to know.  I found such a deep admiration for him, to feel the courage to just be himself and create a fun experience for himself above and beyond a simple hike, and I felt a great honor in my son; Aiden is a mover, but instead of complaining when his buddy wanted to sit still, he walked circles around him....over and over again!  These boys are so darn cute!






 Of course when we got home, the girls were ready to be bathed and have beautiful hair!  I spent way too long making them look just darling!  It was worth it though...their smiles were priceless!




No comments: