Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lydia's Three...and Sweet as Can Be!

Our little princess turned three Friday!  Three years ago, I delivered her into her Daddy's hands in the middle of a hallway with the ones who adore her most frantically throwing towels, calling 911, and trying to keep kids away from the natural, but almost frightening sight to young eyes!  It was a night to remember...a night given to us in grace after the loss of our son...a night when we heard and felt the Lord reaching out to us through the tiny cry of our baby girl.

Now Little Miss Lydia is three...and sweet as can be!
Her first Birthday request was to have Mimi (my Mom) at her Birthday party.  Mimi is in Mexico! : (
We had cupcakes for breakfast!  The boys were overjoyed when I walked into their room and delivered the announcement that they better get their behinds out of bed if they want cupcakes for breakfast before school starts.  I have never seen my boys hop out of bed so fast...I should do this more often!


Each child presented their treasure! 
 With tired eyes of course!
Oh ya...we had donuts too!
 I dressed Liddy in her new clothes from Christmas time...
And let her dig away at the treats! 

 We braved the winds and went to eat lunch with Aunt Sunny and the cousins at McD's!
 We went to the park...and did her favorite thing (which is my favorite thing too!)...
 I embraced the reality that I do have a triplet...just 2 and a half decades too late!

 And then I watched her brave the big slides alone...for the first time ever!
 When we got home, she changed into her jammies and we all waited patiently for Daddy to come home.
 With her binky close by...we are working on that!
 Daddy arrived with pizza and cake...and we continued our day of yummy delight and indulgence!

 She explored her cake...and allowed me to frugally reuse the striped bag that Aunt Sunny packaged her puzzles, shirts, socks, and purse in.  I also used a bag that I received gifts for her three years and 2 weeks ago on the night of her baby shower.

 Lydia actually practices blowing out the candles before the candle was lit and the song was sung.  She blowed several times and then said, "I can't do it!"  She then looked at Connor and said, "Connor can do it!"  As Connor pretended to blow out an unlit candle, she looked confused, disappointed, and frustrated as she exclaimed, "Connor can't do it!"  I laughed and let her know that the candle has to be lit before you can change it by blowing at it!  She understood only after she blew out a lit candle in one little breath!

 She opened a card Daddy got her that sang a pretty tune from Tangled...we ended up dancing like ballerinas to the song repeatedly through the course of the night.
 Can you see the delight?  She LOVED the song!

 Everyone loved the smurfette house...graciously saved from a late Christmas order.
 When she got through her big striped bag, she pulled out a box.  She lifted it up high in the air, and with eyes as wide as we have ever seen them, she yelled out, "A BOX!!!"  When asked what it was, she excitedly said again, "A BOX!!!"  The boys helped her open it, to reveal her new boots, to which she said, "MOMMY'S BOOTS!"  She was so happy to receive a box, and even more happy to open boots for Mommy...

This is the gift I have in Lydia!

When she found out the boots were hers, she was happy as well...
 She put them on right away....

The following day she woke and immediately placed them on her feet...only after she placed her new socks from Aunt Sunny on!  She also walked around with her new hot cocoa pajama bottoms on her head, giggling and claiming, "I am a lion!" 
 Daddy loves his little girl!
 We tried so hard to call Grandma Fultz with our face time feature...but had no luck...
 So we face timed Daddy instead!
He was a good sport!
When I laid her down to bed, she whimpered.  I told her "It was such a good day honey!"  She said, "It was a good day to call Grandma Mommy." (She wanted to see Grandma so bad.)  Every time I told her Happy Birthday, she would repeat, "Happy Birf-day Mommy.  I love you so much!"

We are so blessed to have Miss Lydia in out lives!


3 comments:

Laura said...

You have one the of cutest families I have ever seen! You sure do have a twin, so fun to have a child look just like you. You have some pretty sweet children it says a lot about their parents :)

jay said...

Happy Birthday sweet Lydia...

canifo said...

hi,

CREATE WEBSITE @ $ 20 ONLY

www.canifo.com