Thursday, January 19, 2012

30 Years For Daddy!

Daddy dear turned 30 a week and a half ago.  I worked Friday night but set out to make it such a special weekend for him...and you can see how we all joined in on making it a year to remember!

The kids loved the icing...all 3 different flavors we used on his cake!


 They literally all joined in and made it a challenging cake to complete!  They were so thrilled be helping me and learning math concepts as we cooked!  It was fun!
And there comes a point when you throw your hands in the air and say, "Have at it!" 
On Saturday morning, I was driving home from work and had the grand idea to make it a Birthday weekend, not just a day!  So, I stoped at Steve's favorite donut shop, picked up the donuts, and texted him a quick note to let him know that this was the beginning of his Birthday weekend!
Aiden got to work making him a crown..."fit for a king", as he would later say. 
We prepared the gifts and adorned them with 30 chocolate kisses!  I think I ate half of them by the end of the weekend!
 I actually tried to make his Birthday dreams come true and asked him to take the afternoon for himself on Saturday to go get his long awaited road bike.  For years now, he has talked about cycling and buying one of those awesome sleek bikes....I made that happen!  No better way to close the third decade and step into the 4th than with a bike that helps him achieve his goals!

On Sunday morning we dropped the kids off at church...

Yes, I said we dropped the kids off at church!!!

And I took Steve to PF Chang's for lunch!

Is that considered a sin??? :)

While there, we received our fortunes.  He got August (my birth month), and I got Winter (his birth season).  Can you say we're quite the match?

We had too much cake, and too many brownies...but the kids loved it! 



Daddy got a couple new outfits... 

Some new shoes.... 
And lots of love! 
Happy Birthday Daddy...we all love you very much!

2 comments:

Sara said...

you guys are so cute.

Sandy said...

Cute pictures. Beautiful family.