
Bet you sang the same tune I'm thinking about right now--at one time or another, "Rain, rain go away...come again another day..." Instead of saying GO AWAY...like I so desperately want to say, I'll resort to "Bring it on!" (Much like Aiden represents above...bring it on, if you dare!)

I'm not talking about the rain that is so fun to run and splash in, the rain you turn every noise making object down to, only to hear the pitter patter on the roof, nope...not that kind of rain. Believe me, I said it as a child, but I never meant it....I never really wanted the rain to go away. The rain I AM talking about...well, we all have to face it at one time or another...to some degree, great or small, so I say..."Bring it on!" Bring it on so that we can learn what we MUST, so we can be stronger and more beautiful, so we can stand with those who suffer and lend an arm. No....don't bring it on only to bring us down, just bring it on so we can be more pure and lovely, more prepared to hold eternity, more valiant and able to bear the Kingdom.

Eventually, we'll run and not be weary....eventually the tears will turn to great happiness and peace. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later...and as a child knows, the puddles will be so refreshing!

Aiden looks like he's saying GO AWAY....I guess that happens at the end of the journey, when it all goes away for good. Let's hope.
5 comments:
Great post and fun pictures. I think if more people had the courage to say bring it on they would be amazed at their strength. attitude has a lot to do with how we handle the rain in our lives.
You know I don't really love the rain, but I will say it can rain with the best of them in Philly! We had some good times in the rain. Trey and Cody really had fun in the mud. Of all the storms I got to experience the night before Trey was born was one I will never forget. As for those cute boys of yours, it looks like a party! Only one missing was the princess... I know she's much to little, but wont it be fun when she can run around with her brohters! So sweet.
That really is a great post! And I love what comes AFTER the rain...everything seems more beautiful!
I always find myself feeling so inspired, and peaceful even after reading your blogs. We are so proud of you guys, you have demonstrated the truest type of strength and are continuing to set an undeniable example of it, as well as faith, for your little ones...and for all of us. Love you!
If anyone can weather a storm, it's you Crystal. I hope you won't have too many more-- not the tornados and floods you've experienced to date. But if and when they come, I hope you'll let me loan you an umbrella or take you in when my house is warm. You and Sara have been there with the sandbags and first-aid for me plenty of times.
Post a Comment