Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fifth Birthday Treasures!

Our week long visit with Grandma and Grandpa was so much FUN!!!
We saw the Peking Acrobatics Show with our homeschooling group their first day with us--these people are from China and they certainly wowed all of us!





We celebrated the 5th Birthday of My Miss Lydia!  I cannot believe she is five and about to go to school.  She insists on going to the public school system, and I had already decided to allow her and Maya to start up as the boys did with a public education, but I am so sad to see the year vastly approaching.  Soon enough she'll be going to school, and then a short year later Maya will follow!  Where does the time go???

Birthday pics to come...

At five, Lydia is so darn beautiful!!!
Her favorite color is still blue.
She has learned how to soothe he fears and worries far better than years prior, I was worried we would never completely leave that "hug and kiss" screaming tantrums in the  middle of EVERYWHERE, at any given moment, over any given circumstance.  While she still has her small meltdowns, I can say she is growing up just fine!  Not too long ago, she laid beside me in the morning, asking me to get up.  I did the typical, "Just a minute" tired Mommy thing, and she rolled over, kissed my cheek, and said, "I'm gonna go sit with Aiden in the living room and wait for you!"  I was in shock...no begging and pleading for food, a hug, water, hot cocoa...just sweet and pleasant patience and love.
Her favorite movie is definitely Frozen, and her favorite character is Elsa!
She is still goofy as ever, and a good laugh can cure any tantrum threatening her smile.
She speaks often of other people with deep compassion--we saw a house fire last month on the way home from church, and days later she was worried about the people inside of the house...she spoke of the possible burn and pain they may have had with a solemn expression.
She is becoming quite a lyrical queen, taking after my ability to know and sing lyrics very clearly...she will carry a beautiful voice as she matures.
She loves exercise and running seems to be her gift, with the long limbs she has, I am certain she will excel in it. 
She still expresses sorrow over Baby Shane and his loss, she is determined to hold him first upon the resurrection morning.
She is perfect...in every way!



Lydia's birthday paralleled Connor's fifth Birthday as well.  Connor has requested to go to the DC temple for his Birthday in 2008.  We drove the distance, stayed in a hotel, and walked the grounds and visitors center for him on his 5th Birthday.  Lydia was, by mere circumstance, given the gift of walking through the Gilbert Arizona temple for her Birthday.  The open house just happened to commence, and we all decided to make the trek to AZ to have this amazing experience.  It was breathtaking.

The kids were pretty good in the long drive to and from Arizona.  I did a lot of singing with the girls...lots of Frozen songs over and over and over!


I'd have to say, Arizona took me and Steve to a little place of Heaven.  At least Gilbert did.  We fell in love with the land, the story, and the temple.  I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to turn up as a place of interest for future habitation...it was that beautiful and perfect to us! 
It brought some good luck too.  We were lucky enough to keep Grandma and Grandpa for a few more days due to snowy east coast weather...we found out half way home.  We were all bummed we rushed off so quick but delighted in the opportunity to have and hold our family for a few more days.  Saying goodbye is always hard, getting back in routine is even harder, but these moments are the ones that make a life story so memorable in the end. 


No comments: