My sweet Aiden Obadiah (Obii) has had a freckle turn black and mole-like since July. To side on cautions road, I decided it was important to get him into a dermatologist for a biopsy. (This was only a week after his tonsil and adenoids removal. My poor Aiden, was in shock when the doctor asked if we could remove it in the office that day. She was devastated that we weren't able to double up on operating days, had she known about this the week prior.
Every time I asked my Obii if he would brave out the removal in the doctor's office, he adamantly said NO! I let the doctor know he was a strong willed boy and I was fearful of him not giving in.
At the last minute, my sweet boy was enticed by his Build a Bear that he has been waiting years and years for!
The numbing medication was the worst. I held his hand so tight, as his squeezed tightly back. He was still as can be through the process, but when the doctor stepped back, he launched into my arms. I hugged him as he cried in pain.
He was finally calmed as I stepped behind him and offered a Mommy's hug for the remainder of the procedure. As soon as the mole was dug and popped out, blood gushed from his face. I was in shock...the last time I had seen blood gush from my child was when Connor was only 19 months old...and he broke through his skin layers...within centimeters of his muscle and artery on his knee, by an empty pickle jar that shattered beneath him.
Aiden was solemn through the day, fell asleep in the car...very unlike him...
And then tried to enjoy a carousel ride!
Finally a smile embarrassed his face when he picked out his Captain America Monkey!
But in his sweet disposition, my Obii thought about Connor and his potential sadness when Connor would come to the realization that Aiden received his Build a Bear without his side kick.
Guess who had smiles on their faces that delightful night?
Embarrassed by his wound, and the bandage he had to wear for a week, he suggested that he not go back to school post-op day 10 from his T&A. He even declined a Christmas party with his friends because of his sad and somber disposition.
All stitches placed must come out...
And so they did!
Grandma served as the pillow...and Mommy the nurse!
Voila!!!
Bye-bye bandage!
No comments:
Post a Comment