Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In Reverse Order....Easter

I know we are a little late for Easter and I am doing this post in reverse order of the previous one, but I just wanted to quickly leave you all with my testimony and express my gratitude for this sacred occasion we celebrate. The first and last pictures are of paintings done by Liz Lemon Swindle. I love her artwork! She truly has a gift. As I look upon these pictures, I feel like I am there. What it must have been like to witness these events. I'm sure we saw from Heaven and wept along with those on Earth. At the same time our hearts likely lifted with joy, for we knew that our Savior had fulfilled His mission in paying for our sins. The first part of this great gift was complete as our Lord, and Savior was left hanging on the cross. Then, having been buried in a tomb, he rose again on the third day. Our Savior had overcome the chains of death. The second part of the Atonement was now finished as well. Not only can we repent of our sins, but we will all be resurrected and have the gift of these bodies throughout eternity. When Mary came looking for Him, the angels asked, "Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here. He is risen!" Those words speak so much peace to my soul! I am so grateful for my Savior and His infinite Atonement! It is all about love!
These wonderful children that God has blessed us with to care for, demonstrate an amazing ability to love. They help us to learn the kind of love that our God offers us. I could have posted a lot more Easter pictures, but I felt that this one and the two paintings summed it all up. I am so grateful for my family. Having one in Heaven, has helped us to better understand the great gifts that have been given us. We can all be forgiven and live together with our family and our God throughout time and all eternity. It takes a lot of faith, but I am confident it will all be worth it.
All that is asked of us is that we REMEMBER Him and keep His commandments! I hope you all had a peaceful and uplifting Easter, and that we can all go forward filled with faith, hope, and love!

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Happy Easter to you. I think now and always I will remember you and your sweet family every march. I hope you had a good day remembering your sweet baby, as I know you do everyday. He is always so close and loves you dearly. I feel your love through those beautiful words. Thank you for your testimony. What a blessing it is to know he lives. This Easter and always may we all feel a little closer to our Savior who gave his life for all of us so that we too my see, love and live as he did. Hope life is going good.

Krystal said...

By the way your babies are beautiful and growning up so fast!