Thursday, November 13, 2014

Shouts of agony....soothed in quiet hours

Been reading and teaching more about "Bambi" with my children through literature.  I call it life's lessons as well, because good books bring a spirit just as heart stirring as scriptural epiphanies, and beautiful poetic speeches.   

I thought this particularly touching tonight:

Bambi has feared, loved, admired, and grown to trust the "old stag" through his experiences. Bambi, feeling alone, comes upon the old stag in the forest; the stag exclaims, "don't you hear anything?". Bambi doesn't, even with the continued insistence from the old stag, "don't you hear anything yet?".  
They indeed come upon Friend Hare, caught frantically in a trap. It is then that we find how the old stag, and his mindful ears to every soul who sorrows in pain, shows deep godly love. "Lie still," he tells the rabbit, "be easy Friend Hare, it's I.  Don't move now.  Lie perfectly still."

In Friend Hare's agony, it was the still and quiet moments, when the old stag could help him best, that he found safety and continued life.  

Do we not see that in our pain, we can be still, call out to Father who is mindful of every soul, and find relief?  He actually says this to us clearly; "Be still, and know that I am God."

From a little old town, where God still loves and knows every joy and pain in my heart...as He does yours, Goodnight!

No comments: