As I typed out the title to this blog post, I saw how neat it is to look upon...
What do we value in life?
When each of us lose our mortal lives, we are taken to a place where we drag nothing with us;
nothing, that is, except the binding relationships we have gained through the sealing powers of our God!
When we reach out and help a brother, sister, friend, or foe...the blessings we gain in the end are usually those which cannot be seen. The only tangible aspect of the blessing gained is the body that will stand in front of you:
The giddy little three year old boy who laughs his little heart out when the day has brought fatigue upon his tired body.
The sweet attention seeking moan a tiny eight month old babe gives you as she sees you walk by.
The sisterly "I KNOW YOU" realization when a woman born the same year as you...on the day you would (19 years into your mortal existence) be baptized as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and that date (8/28) is only 2 days before you were born (8/30)...stands with you and talks comfortably and graciously about the gospel, life, struggles, blessings, symbols--oh so many symbols!!!
The amazing gospel centered discussions coming from your new sister's husband who will call you by name multiple times in a discussion about Jesus Christ and the challenges of this life...because frankly, he probably learned that etiquette as he served the Lord for two years on his mission...and because he truly views you as the Lord's stewards as well, on this same journey he and his sweet family are on! By name, we are all known to Our Lord!
We took these two lovelies under our wings this past weekend! It was so much fun to watch little babes circle the "baby"! Being babes themselves, they think they are so grown when there is a tinier body in the home!
Maya's little buddy shares a birth month with her in June. They are so cute together. They actually held hands and put their arms around each other as they walked from room to room in the house! He allowed Maya to take a fry here and there...and lots of apples. Like a gentleman, he didn't say a word! It was precious!
Then they played amongst the lion! They were truly the happiest kids in the home that day!
I haven't had a baby to care for in quite some time, so it was a pleasure to see my little girls take to the baby so easily! They cared for her extremely well...I couldn't believe the help I received from all of my children! Connor even sat with her and played so I could help Daddy role out tortillas!
We spent some more time with them today as we came to their rescue for appointments for the two children before they move...yep, I said it...they are moving.
Seems that when you gain a true and understanding friend whom testifies to your heart that The Lord knows you and will send those who need you...and who you need...He suddenly sends a change of plans request form.
I can name individuals and families which will FOREVER be a part of my deep spiritual growth. Easton and Adrienne Sego happen to fall on the NM list.
Even the 2 short months we lived in Indiana holds the name of a beautiful woman I happened to meet in the mother's room as we nursed our babies one Sunday. In 30 minutes we talked, laughed, cried, and then pretended our babies were still nursing and talked until church was over! Tessie, that would be you, dear! We will forever be a part of each other's life because of one encounter. Sometimes I wonder if Indiana was a stopping place for that reason alone...I believe God loves each of us that much, that He will move mountains for a 30 minute conversation that can change hearts and perspectives closer towards Him for eternity!
So, as we drove around Albuquerque for Adrienne's kiddos appointments, babies cried, pants were wet several times, Mom's sighed the "Mommy sigh" which means...I'm so sorry I can't fix all your problems right now, I wish I could, but I can't, and I'm kinda tired!!! It was all that, and more because
1. I got to talk to my awesome friend even more
and
2. I realized I had a gift card to the scouts store in my wallet that would cover Aiden's scout shirt for pack meeting TONIGHT!!!
I had just enough time to run over to the scouts store between appointments to grab the uniform for Aiden's very first pack meeting! You see, none of this woulda been possible if I didn't have Adrienne with me. When I offered to help her with the appointments, I was embarrassed, but I told her I had no ability to get the kids to Albuquerque...only because of gas money. Without hesitation, she offered to pay for the trip.
This is what I learned today:
Serving your brothers and sisters will always be the right thing to do.
Just when you think you have served them...
The Lord opens your eyes to see they have really served you.
And God's Hand is seen again as the ultimate director of ALL things good!
We went to scouts tonight as the only boys in uniform...
BUT, they wore their uniforms proudly as I sat back and thought, "The Lord really does take care of all things in the end!"
And in case you didn't know, I LOVE SCOUTS!!!
I may have to read the manuals line by line five times over to understand what my child needs to do, but it has taught me a lot about giving more of me for them! I may even be the only Mom who calls her fellow scout Mom at 6:30 to see if scouts is at 6:30 or 7pm every pack meeting, but I make it there...and we laugh at my absent mindedness every time!
We had a bike rodeo tonight!
Connor earned a gold arrow and 4 silver arrows...GO CONNOR!!!
And Aiden is well on his way to earning his bobcat and wolf now that he has his book!
Thanks to my "go-to" scout Mom, Cara, and her Mom...I would be lost in scouts if I didn't have you to question, "Is this what I'm supposed to do?", "What exactly do I buy for this uniform?", and all the other questions I ask 100 times over just to remind you I'm very forgetful and very new at this!
But I will remind you...my line for line reading of these manuals has helped you in the past!!! Your boys will thank me one day! Hehe!!!
And just in case you forget...if you want to participate in a scouts bike rodeo, you have to follow the safety first guidelines...even if it means you borrow your baby sisters Barbie bike helmet! Oh, the fun we had tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment