Today was Regional Conference for the Church we are members of, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I headed there with three of my four living children; Aiden's tunny was sick through the course of the night, so he stayed home.
It was very spiritually uplifting, reminding me of the great duty I have in raising my beautiful children in this world. As I have always been taught by the Spirit, I was reminded again today that they are such sweet and chosen children of this generation. Amongst many things, I found it amazing how the principle of acting and being acted upon was taught., once again. I LOVE this principle and have clung to it since Connor was an infant. But this time it came with a declaration for us all to stand back and allow our children to unleash the great spiritual powers they have for these days. We, as parents, are not to force our children into great spiritual states of being, but with our teachings we can stand back and allow them to grow and become the spiritual giants which will prepare for the Lord's coming.
Being that I have a daughter, Miss Lydia, who is always speaking of Jesus Coming again, I know that this is true. She reminds me daily what we are all striving for.
My other daughter, Maya, was loud the entire conference! Yes, she is 2 1/2, but cups and markers dropping every few minutes was getting stressful. However, I did notice during one of the talks that she had been listening. The word "power" was being used over and over regarding our children and their potential. She was speaking gibberish with intermittent shouts of "POWER" spoken from her tiny angel lips! Then, of course, she began singing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam..." so everyone could hear!
Now Connor was a sweet little guy today! He helped with the girls, said he was willing to walk them to the bathroom, told them, "Lydia that's not very nice to take things off the bulletin board when people worked so hard to make it look good!" Not only was he being wise, but he did it in the most sweet and gentle tones that he could. With only 20 minutes left of conference, I stated, "It's time to go!" This was "inspired" by Maya's desire to run circles into the chapel...my tired baby was gaining energy and acting goofy...so we left. Connor mentioned that he was bummed we couldn't hear the rest of President Eyring's talk...I was too! BUT...we came home and he taught Aiden many of the things we learned today!
I'd say these are great children!
She looks wiser than her years huh? Librabrian glasses will do that!
In all honesty, she is...they all are!
No comments:
Post a Comment