Monday, July 23, 2012

My Ancestry...My Posterity

I woke to this beautiful gal, snuggling close to me this morning.  I saw myself in her as she begged to be within touching distance of my entire body. As I stayed perfectly still, in the most uncomfortable position, only to allow her dainty fatigued body drift slowly back to sleep, I admired her pretty nose, the curve of her eyes, her precious soft pink lips, and her blonde hair swept perfectly to the right of her pale doll skin.

I saw myself.

I saw my daughter.

I stroked her face gently, she sighed a bit, and I laid there for a good 30 minutes, still, calm, enjoying each moment of her beautiful little body, holding a beautiful BIG spirit.

It was 5:30am, and she obviously needed to sleep longer, but my body ached, so I retired to the couch, for some room, more than anything else.  She noticed my distance in another 15 minutes, grabbed a bag of chips and joined me under the covers on the couch.  She chomped away on BBQ potato chips, my favorite growing up, and said, "Get your rest Mommy" in a sweet gentle tone.  When my eyes later opened and my arms wrapped around her, her first response was, "Did you rest well?"

Oh how I love Miss Lydia!
So, as I got ready for church, I went with a 1920's style dress, some high heels that made me so very tall (which I love) and curly classic hair.  Most people thought Steve got a new girl!  I was told the look was very fitting for me, that I was totally unrecognizable, I was gorgeous...and on and on!  I laughed so hard when they thought Steve brought another woman to church. 
But I dressed that style, thinking of my generations past.  I added the beautiful crystals I inherited when my Great Grandma Maymie passed away.  So to my turned up nose, eyes curved like my Lydia's, pink lips and pale doll skin (or so my husband says), I defined myself with the crystals.

Thank you Maymie for being with me today from another dimension which I would love to have even one glimpse of, and thank you Lydia for showing me that in you I and my ancestry live on. 
The women in my family are solid rocks...
Great Grandma Maymie (Jesus loves me...you said so!)
My Nonna (I'm built just like you...and desire to be just like you!)
Mother Dear (My Gardener)
Princess Sara (My NEEDED other half...I've determined we will pass together to that next dimension)
Compassionate Sunny (My rescue in times of pain, my beauty diva partner)
Faithful Santana (My opptomistic turn to)

And then there's me...Crystal...a pioneer.  I as reminded of that today.


No comments: